Prologue

Marlo's P.O.V.

"Mom!" I shouted down the stairs, "Have you seen my phone?! Em was supposed to call me but I can't find it anywhere!" I came thundering down the stairs and started throwing the pillows off the couch frantically. 

"Marlo, did you check in your travel bag?" my mother asked. 

I didn't waste a second to run upstairs and check. I flipped open the cover and pulled out my phone. I came running down the stairs, this time with all three of my bags in my hand. I set them by the door waiting for Em to pull up outside. 

"Lo, did you eat lunch? Or breakfast for that matter?" my mother asked putting the last of the pillows I'd scattered back on the couch.  

"Irrelevant," I answered. And no I didn't eat I'm about to puke already from the excitement. Eating would be like an invitation for my stomach to flip. I was slipping on my converse when I heard Em's car horn. I stood abruptly holding the second shoe in my hand. 

I ran to my mom giving her a quick hug and kiss on the cheek. "Mwah! I love you and we'll be home Saturday night." 

"Honey. Lo, please put on your shoe before you walk out that door, I did not slave away my whole life to have you end up looking like a hobo". She smiled gently. 

I smirked at her reference to me looking like a hobo; It was one of our many daily arguments. Oh, how I loved my mother. My father died when I was fourteen. It had just been us for the last five years. Even though she had to take a job I felt like we were closer than before, even with her gone all the time. 

Em honked again, taking me out of my thoughts, "I love you! Saturday!" I said as I closed the door behind me. 

I piled my things into the back of Em's car, a white civic, before climbing in the passenger seat. "Geez Lo, what took you so long? I called twice before I honked".

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I was having a mom moment," I answered. 

"That is something you'll never repeat again." 

"I-" 

"Never again, you hear me," Em demanded, smiling lightly.

...     

About two hours later we were finally up in the mountains. The road curved and was rocky, so our going was slow. Suddenly a deer ran out across the road. I screamed as Em swerved crashing into the rocks to the left. Then everything went black.  

...

Authors Note. 

Hi guys! I recently have become interested in werewolves. Especially their social structure. I hope that this book turns out okay! But I'm super pumped to write it! One of the things I'm going to try to focus on is the plot, once we get a little deeper into the story I hope to turn the romance aspect of it into a subplot. Please tell me any suggestions you have! 

Sincerely, Dakota