Chapter 8

Haven't proof read this yet so there may be a few mistakes, I will change them when I read through. And yes, this goes up until the end of episode 2 events. Enjoy! :P

Y/n's POV

Violet opened the door, gesturing me to go inside. "Why, thank you, Sir." I joked. Violet chuckled before closing the door, the thumping noise echoing against the walls. I looked up to see the unstable staircase, alongside the fact it's missing a lot of steps, so it looks like we have to get up another way. Violet climbed the first few stairs, that were still intact. "So we're checking the walls?" I asked. "Yep. From up there. That's the best view." She replied before grabbing onto the wall. I followed her up the stairs, waiting to see how she plans on getting up there. She started scaling the wall, using the rusty metal to hold onto for support. However, she lost her balance, sending her falling back and off the wall and into my awaiting arms. "You okay?" I asked her as I put her back down on her own two feet. "Uh..Yeah..T-thanks." She replied, a red blushing mess, before attempting the climb the wall again, this time with me right behind her. I was trying not to look up as I'd practically be staring at her arse, but it was kinda hard to scale this wall without knowing were I was going. We eventually made it to the windowsill, where Violet ran and jumped onto the last remaining stairs. I did the same shortly after and climbed the stairs up until I was on the roof. I looked around at the beautiful sky before joining Violet on the rails. After a few moments of silence Violet spoke. "Sometimes I need to quiet. To get away from everything.." She said. "I agree. With the raiders and all...It's hard to cope with sometimes." I said, getting a nod and a genuine smile from Violet. "Come on I want to show you something." Violet said, pushing herself of the railing and walking around to the other side of the roof, with me following. 

The night sky in the distance looked breathtaking. The stars that shone and the moon reflecting of Violet's face made me weak in the stomach, the increasing feeling of butterflies returning, alongside the accelerating heart-beat. "I'm glad that you're still with us, Y/n. Thanks for not giving up on me like everyone in my past did. You and the other kids are my only family..." Violet spoke, true emotion and pain showing on her features. "I'd never give up on you." I said, pulling Violet in for a hug. Said girl hugged back but with more enthusiasm, holding on for dear life as if she let go and I wouldn't be there. Violet pulled back and smiled, bringing an instant smile to my face too. "Come on, you can sit without falling to your death." Violet said, taking a seat on the cold floor. I joined her, sitting with one leg bent at the knee, the other straight and spread out other the edge, hands behind my back. Violet sat with both knees hugged to her chest and her arms securing wrapping them up.

"Do you know any constellations?" I asked her. "Nope." She replied, side ways glancing at me. "Let's make some up." She said. After a few seconds of what looked like thoughtful thinking Violet once again spoke. "If I remember right, everyone's born under a special sign, right? It determines your personality." I chuckled "That's astrology not astronomy." I replied. "Whatever, Let's just make up our own. Rules, signs. What it says about you." Violet studied the stars for a few seconds before outstretching her arm and pointing at them "There, See it's a fish!" She said. I studied the stars and could see a form beginning to shape together. After following the lines that connected the stars I could see the fish Violet was on about. "Right. Now it needs a personality." I replied. "Bright, pretty, good with other people. Always moving, tons of energy. Sounds like anyone we know?" "That's you." I replied, before quietly whispering "You're pretty in my eyes.." under my breath. I looked over to see Violet's surprised reaction and the blush that crept up to her cheeks. A blush crept up to my cheeks too after realising what I had just said, and the fact Violet might've just heard it. She nervously chuckled before mustering enough courage to reply. "Weren't you listening? I said 'Good with other people'." "Yeah.. But you're good with me, Zuri, Tenn. You made me feel welcomed to this place when everyone else felt suspicious." "Okay. Next you big sap." She said, hiding her face in her arms. "I spy with my eye...A knife. See it?" She asked. I looked up at the stars and had some difficulty at first but I saw it after a while. "Hmm.. This one's easy. Smart, clean, vicious, dependable. Someone you want with you in a fight." "That sounds like me." I replied. "Yeah that's a good one for you." Violet said looking over at me. "Okay.. one more time." She said. "I found a bird." "Where...?" I asked. She grabbed my arm and pointed it in the general direction. "Over there. Follow your hand." She said. I squinted my eyes and followed where my hand ended up and sure enough it made the shape of a bird. "A bird is free. It can go anywhere it wanted to. Up and up and up, and never come back." Violet said. "You wish it was you, don't you?" I asked gently. "Sometimes, when it all feels so heavy down here..I can't help but wonder what it would be like to be weightless.." She replied.