Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

Zuri, Violet and I had caught up with Louis and we were making our way back to the school however not even 2 minutes had passed since we left AJ and Clementine and a gun shot had gone off in the distance, in the direction we last saw them. Violet grabbed a hold of her bow as did I and we sprinted ahead in the direction of where the bullet was heard. We crouched when we heard some voices in the distance to see Clementine on the floor with a boot to her neck and AJ's arm being held behind his back. Louis caught up to us with Zuri on his back. I looked at him sceptically "What? Her legs were tired so I gave her a piggy back.." He said. "Don't drop her. And keep your voice down." I said pointing in the direction of Clementine. "Shit." He said once he realised what was going on. "We've got to get closer. So we can hear what they're saying." I urged, slowly approaching the group of four, with Violet and Louis on my tail. "Zuri, can you see anything we wouldn't be able to see in this brush?" I asked the small girl. "No..." She replied. She was clearly worried for AJ's safety. Something unexpected happened. The woman who had just kicked Clementine had held her hand out for Clementine to take and to pull her up. They must have history. 

We heard her giving Clementine a lecture about repeating someone's mistakes. Clearly pointing out Clementine might die protecting AJ. "We can help you raise that boy Clementine. But we need you to do something for us." The woman said. Clementine scoffed before replying. "What? Kidnap a couple more kids?" "We don't need a couple. We need all of them." Violet and Louis gasped. It was pretty obvious they came out to find the school so they can kidnap the kids. "Shit. The school's in danger.." I whispered. "Yeah so are we." Louis bitterly replied, before shaking his head. The man began threatening to hurt AJ to get Clementine to break but she had none of it. She was not going to give the school up and her loyalty won't be forgotten even after they'd decided to kick her out. We decided we'd get closer and into shooting range. Clementine noticed us as we readied our bows. "Shoot!" She demanded. Violet and I let go of our arrows and resulted in Louis getting shot and nearly dropping Zuri in the process. He held her on his back tight and took of running, Violet and I doing the same as the man advanced on us. He let a few more bullets go in our direction before turning and chasing AJ and Clementine. They were on there own now as we had to get back to the school and get Louis medical attention for his arm. I just hope they will be safe.

Once we got back to the school the others surrounded us seeing a weak Louis, who still had Zuri on his back. "Louis bend down a bit." I told him. He did as I asked and I carefully took the now sleeping Zuri from his arms. "Here, I'll take her." Violet said. I gave her a thankful smile and handed Zuri over to Violet's awaiting arms carefully. She then walked off into the dorm rooms. "Where's Ruby?" I asked. "Here!" Came a shout from the recently opened doors of the admin office. "Louis needs his arm looked at." I said. She nodded and took Louis to his room where she would help him with his injury. "Anything new happen while we were gone?" I asked. Willy spoke up "Yeah, an increase in walker activity.." "Hm.. weird." I replied, not sure what else to say. "Hey Y/n? Can you go check the traps quickly we are in need of a few more rabbits for dinner and breakfast tomorrow." Omar asked. "Sure. Anyone wanna come with?" I asked. "I will." I heard from the distance as a certain blonde came running from the direction of the dorms. "Okay. You ready to head out now?" I asked, in which I received a nod in return. "Okay let's go. Cya guys soon." I said before Violet and I made our way out of the gates. 

We walked in silence for a bit headed in the general direction of the traps. "Better get a move on before it gets too dark." Violet spoke. "Yeah. Willy said there's been an increase of walkers while we were out so keep an eye out." I replied. We walked in silence for the rest of the way and checked the traps and found 4 decent sized rabbits that would do the job. I snapped their necks as Violet watched sympathetically. "You okay?" I asked her. "Y-Yeah. Just I don't like to do *That*" Referring to snapping their necks. "I don't like it as much as you do but unfortunately I don't think we have much of a choice." I replied. "If you need me I'll be over there somewhere.." She pointed in the general direction of where she was going before continuing. "I need to pee so uh yeah... And you're taking forever to do what you're doing... So I'd rather not piss myself." I chuckled before replying. "Okay but don't be going too far and holler if you need anything. But don't holler for help if you get you're belt stuck or something I ain't dealing with that shit." It earned a chuckle before Violet walked off. I continued to snap their necks and put the rabbits in my bag. Once the rabbits were secure I reset the traps and moved on to the next area. I grabbed another two rabbits totalling at six before I heard Violet screech in the distance.