Chapter 3

I got my weapon from Zuri and I's shared room and went to the gate to meet up with everybody. "We all ready?" Marlon asked, walking over to the gate to open it. we all answered along the lines of 'yeah', 'yes' or 'yup' except Violet, who just nodded. We all headed out of the gates and Clementine told AJ to stay inside. "You too Zuri. Okay?" I said, Zuri just nodded in return, making her way over to a table with AJ following. Clementine shut the gates before walking over and helping the group out with the walkers while I went further into the woods where the hunting party should emerge from. I saw their torches in the distance and killed of any 'dead' that were on the path where they'd come from. The hunting party met up with me, giving small nods, before walking over the wooden bridge and into the trap area, where the rest was. I decided to hang back and make sure the torches and the noise of the voices up ahead from the rest of the group wouldn't attract any more unwanted attention. I thought I'd run and catch up with the others, so I did. when I got there it looked like Violet was pissed, and Louis was teasing her while flirting with Clementine. "You did a good job out there too Louis." Clementine was in the middle of saying as I caught up with them. "You're too kind. And too accurate." Louis said, in his usual flirtatious and joking ways. Violet looked over at Clementine, but didn't say anything. I walked up and joined them, instead of walking behind them and being an ease dropping creep. I was now walking besides Violet who in return had turned to face me. I put up a smile, which she returned before I looked over to Clementine "You're falling into his trap, you know?" I said which Louis replied with "Trap schmap, She's just speaking the God's honest." "Well, so am I..." I said, slightly pouting. Violet looked at me and chuckled at my childishness. "What?.." I asked her. "Nothing, Nothing.." And with that we all walked to the rest of the gate in a comfortable silence.

We all walked inside, seperating and going our own ways. I made my way over to the table Zuri was at, as she was drawing. "Hey Zuri." I said, catching the young artists attention. "Y/n! I'm drawing a picture. Once it's done can we hang it on the wall in our room?" She asked, with puppy dog eyes. "Sure kiddo." I said ruffling her short hair. Zuri went back to her drawing and AJ and Clementine came over. "Hey guys." Clementine said. "Oh, hey. What's up?" I asked. "Just wanting to get to know you two. Zuri and Y/n, right?" Clementine said. "Yup that's us!" Zuri replied, making the older girl chuckle. "Energetic kids, huh?" "Yup, I'm assuming AJ's like that too then?" I asked. "Yup!" AJ replied for Clementine, taking a seat on the opposite seat and watching intently at what Zuri was drawing. suddenly Louis' loud voice came booming across the courtyard. "Guys, Dinner's ready!" and with that we all got up and made our way to 'Chef' Omar to receive our food. AJ and Clementine went and sat with Ruby, Louis and Marlon, While Zuri and I sat with Violet, Tenn and Brody. We all ate in silence and once we were done Brody offered to take all the bowls and go wash them up. We said our thank you's before we were shouted over by Louis. "Violet, Y/n! It's time!" Zuri stayed with Tenn and continued to draw while Violet and I got up and made our way to Louis' table. Violet sat next to Marlon and I sat next to her. "What's the game tonight Lou?" Marlon asked his best friend. "War. The oldest game around. A game played by man and beast alike. The only game there is!" He replied. "Sounds fun. How do you play?" Clementine asked. "It's simple. Everyone draws a card, highest card wins." Violet said. "And the winner gets to ask Clem a question." Louis finished. She looked at us all. "What!? I want to get to know you. We all do." Louis replied. We all nodded in response. "And what if I win?" Clem asked. "Then you get to ask us one. It's only fair." Louis passed out the cards. "Wait what about AJ.?" "Looks like he's made some friends." Marlon replied. We all looked over to see AJ sat with Zuri and Tenn. Once Clem was sure she was okay with it we started playing the game of War.