I Heard Someone Calling My Name

There was a new road going through my forest made last year. I walked my dogs there a couple of times, but I never went too far.

Until this time, when I went all the way to the end of the road. There was a dead end and after that, nothing but forest. There was also a cliff/drop so there was no more paths I, or anyone else, could walk.

I sat there on the forest floor and was giving my dogs water, when I heard someone calling me. They (he or she, I couldn't quite recognise if it was a male of female voice) were shouting my name.

I wasn't quite sure if I heard it right, so I stood still and waited to hear if they will say it again... And they did. They repeated it a few times and now I was 100% sure they were calling my name.

I thought it was maybe someone who I know, so I shouted back. No response. They just continued shouting my name, over and over again.

I eventually got up and returned home, I could still hear my name shouted as I was walking away.

I don't know what that was and I'm also not sure, if it was a person, where were they? Because as I already said, there was a cliff at the end of the road. Not a place where people could walk. And the shouts were coming from that direction, from the forest, like someone was at the bottom of the cliff.

I went down that road a couple more times after that and nothing weird happened. I always feel kind of uneasy there, since that part of the forest is a bit dark, so I feel watched at all times. Especially now since that happened, it's like I expect something is out there just waiting on me.

---- Zlocestivuk, Croatia