Old Man In The Hospital

My story begins back in 2012, I was admitted into hospital due to some internal bleeding and because they had run out of beds in the section that I was supposed to be staying in, they moved me into the cancer ward. I knew this place all too well because the room I was in was four doors up from the room my grandfather had passed away in 4 years prior.

I was in this room and there was this old guy in the bed right next to me. Now I was talking to this guy throughout my 3 days in the hospital and he said he had cancer, emphasis on the word had, and said he was feeling much better and I told him well I hope it doesn't come back, he smiled at me when I said this. On the day of my check out, I said bye to him and he said "I don't want to see you in a place like this again".

I was at the nurses desk filling out forms and looked back to see that the guy was not sitting in his bed. I said to the nurse to tell the man thank you for the company he kept, she looked at me dumbfounded and said "the only people in the room with you were the middle aged lady and the young man (this room housed 4 beds) but no old man. I described the man to her and she said and I quote "oh that was Steve but it's impossible that you spoke with him, he died 4 months ago, so that's one of my many stories. So please tell me what you all think and if you had any similar experiences?

I would like to hear what you all have to say, more experiences coming soon.

-Andy of Australia