My Birth Scar

This story was shared by my mother. She has so many paranormal stories, being sensitive and all. But this struck me the most because it involved me, even before I was born!

In the Philippines, it is common for pregnant women to call for 'hilot' or what you may call a therapist in the modern world. Therapist, I say, because when you fall off and dislocate a joint, they can easily fix it by expert massaging. Some know to cleanse as well, as they would burn an incense and stuff if they think you are being haunted or something.

Well for my mom, she was pregnant with me but she feels utter discomfort. She would call her usual therapist to help her align things, so to speak. Her feet were swollen and it was not helping that I seemed to be doing some cartwheels in her tummy, lol.

Well, her usual 'hilot' lady was not available. And she needed help so bad that she settled for whoever was available. Came a weird old lady who introduced herself as a good one. My mom felt strange but not wanting to be rude, she let the old woman massage her. She was surprised when as the old woman was getting some oil and other paraphernalia in her bag, mom noticed a black candle. The weird thing was the lady immediately went on massaging my mom's tummy and it felt like her nails were really clawing in. She asked the old lady to stop and it took a bit of struggling before she did.

My mom was upset, but was so relieved that the old lady left, although she did charge my mom way too high than normal. Before leaving, she said that it's a girl. My mom didn't know that yet. She was five or six months pregnant and did not go through ultrasound yet. But she was ecstatic (although felt weird at the process of finding it out) because she had a son already and really wanted to have a baby girl.

Fast forward to when I was born, my mom was very happy. But then, she immediately noticed something. There was a huge scar on my left temple, just above the hairline. She called the nurses and asked everyone why I have a scar. The nurses and the doctor were clueless. They said it may be just a birthmark but it was a scar alright. My mom remembered the creepy lady and said a prayer. She was thankful that I was born healthy, aside from a really huge scar on my head.

I still have it, though, and no hair will grow on top of it. It appears like I had an accident. When I asked my mom, she told me the story. Not sure if it was connected but it makes me cringe knowing that some crazy witch may have tried to harm me. Thank heavens my mom and I weren't harmed.