8 - Hide or Die Part 2

Start from the beginning

"You worry too much, Charlie." 

"Am I?" I gasped.

"Your face is telling it." 

"Might be because we're not in England." I said as I walked towards the hologram screens. In the screen it showed that we were 100 kilometers away to the Palace. 

"Finally you said it!" Lord Christendom exclaimed, it made me look back to him. "We're not in England, Charlie, and that's why we shouldn't worry about the matters which don't concern us in the first place. Does it sound legit now?"

"What if I tell you, my lord, that these attacks are not just happening in Panes?"

"War is everywhere, Charlie. I won't be surprised. But war is something I do not engaged myself with, do you?"

"I don't, milord."

"Then we're good. Let them solve their own chaos. Let's go back to England after I meet the President."

Milord...there's no going back. I will make sure of it. I thought to myself. 

If you go back, you will die. 

______

We finally entered the Panes Palace. It was not that easy to negotiate with the military service who was guarding the place. Yolanda was escorted to a good room, she was well accommodated. 

"Security here is really heavy, aren't they?" Lord Christendom whispered to me as we were guided towards the President's office. I knew then that he was also referring to the incident in the airport. Guards were really checking everyone who was entering the nation.

"Panes supplies the best policemen and soldiers in Cenyth, my lord." I replied, and he just nodded his head. We entered a glassed tube hallway and I couldn't miss to notice the soldiers that were training below us. 

"I know it's late to ask this but, have we entered the wrong place?" I asked the general who guided us, he told us his name was General Michael Smith.

"This is more like a headquarter." Lord Christendom added. "Does the President live here?"

"This is the Palace, Earl. It's not a castle, not a mansion, not a household, as you might expect it to be." General Smith replied, he was looking to my lord. "This is our Government, and also the Headquarters."

"Interesting." Lord Christendom commented. 

In other words, it's a place where I should not let my guard down. 

"I don't see AI machines so far. Those soldiers are Cenyths."

"We produce real soldiers here, not toys." General Smith replied. "But we are not as traditional as some people I know, we also value the great demand of soldier machines. We used to have two combat AI's, in fact."

"Where are they now?"

"Endless is the President's bodyguard, his own combat AI. Still serving. The other one recently resigned."

"Resigned?" Lord Christendom asked.

"He was sent by his bearer to another mission." 

"..."

_____

"Good morning, Earl Query!" President Gana exclaimed as he saw us  entering his good office. His eyes were neon blue and he was wearing a matching suit. I couldn't miss to notice that my young master distorted his face at the neon sight. 

"Come, sit comfortably, Earl." 

"Thank you." He said sarcastically. 

"I couldn't imagine how your parents managed to negotiate with this official, my lord." I whispered to him as I prepared his seat. The deceased Query couple didn't like neon fashion, too.