~Chapter 58~

“Because the bullet pierced some skin.” He said looking around.

“What are you looking for?” I asked.

“Shane.” He said.

“Shane’s not here,” I said. Footsteps came from upstairs and Shane came down. “How long were up there?” I asked.

“From the moment you stomped in calling me a dick.” He said calmly. He turned to Derek as my face went red. “My mom?” He asked.

“Safe at the house.”

“Freya?” He asked.

“Safe at her parent's house.”

“Tucker?” Shane asked.

“Never left the house. Lincoln was bluffing about everything besides your mom and me. He shot me on my way to find you. I stopped to talk to your mom and they shot to be.” He said.

“I need to talk to your mom,” I said. They both looked at me.

“You’re going back to the house? I thought you wanted me to leave you alone?” Shane said crossing his arms. I took out my phone.

“This goes beyond our problems Shane. You should know that.” I said walking out of the house. Two cars were in front of the house. Shane’s and Derek’s. I was going to call a cab but this works.

“You’re riding with me,” Shane said walking past me. Derek and Shane got into their cars and I got in  Derek's. He chuckled when I sat down.

“You’re driving the guy crazy.” He said.

“Good,” I said. He chuckled again and started the car. Once we got to the house I got out ignoring Shane. I walked to the gym and took a deep breath and stepped in. I walked up to Tucker. He smiled.

“Hey, what’s up?” He asked. I hugged him.

“Just a scare. I’m glad you’re ok.” I said. He looked behind me.

“Yeah, you may want to leave the gym.” He said. I turned around to see Shane glaring. I looked down and turned to Tucker.

“Come find me later and I’ll explain,” I said walking out.

“OK.” He said. I stepped out of the gym and Shane stood on the wall arms crossed.

“I know your rules and I’m sorry I keep breaking them,” I said. He looks at me and gives me an apology accepted look. I walked down to the art room to see Rosa looking at my paintings of Shane. SHe smiled. “How are you feeling?” I asked. She turned to me with a painting of Shane and I kissing in the pool.

“You are very good.” She said. I smiled and walked over. “I’ve never seen him smile like this. Not until you came alone.” I looked at the painting and it hit me hard.

“It doesn’t matter. Shane wants me out of his life and that's how its gonna be.” I said. She giggled.

“My son never could say he loved anyone. Not even me. It took him until he was 16 to finally tell me he loved me. But I didn’t need him to tell me for me to know. He proves it all the time.” She said. I smiled.

“What was he like before all this started?” I asked. We both sat on a chair. She smiled remembering.

“He was sweet. He cared for everything. Peter and he were like two peas in a pod. You could never get those to away from each other. Until Hallie passed away and neither of them was the same. I guess they blamed each other.” She said. I smiled.

“I never knew Shane had an innocent side before,” I said. She giggled.

“He ran over a turtle when he was 6 with his plastic bike and thought he killed it. He cried for hours. Until it finally came out and he was happy.” She said. I looked down. “He is a very difficult child. His heart is closed off to the world. But I promise you, my child, that he cares more for you then he let on.” She said. I looked into her eyes to see she meant it.