~Chapter 21~

“Shane.” I heard. I looked behind me to see James. Shane got up so fast and stood in front of me. “Ahh, there you are.” He said.

“James, why are you here?” Shane asked. Footsteps meant he was walking in here.

“Uncle told me you came to see him this morning.” He said.

“And?” Shane said.

“Why must you protect her? You could have just given her to uncle and be off the hook. But no you chose to give two kids in replace for her’s. Shameful.” He said. What?

“Shane is this true?” I asked. He turned towards me.

“Lola I will explain later.” He said. I crossed my arms.

“Now is good,” I said. He was getting angry but as was I.

“I said later.” He said. James looked at me.

“She is really nothing but a pet.” He said. I glared at him.

“Oh, and you’re not? Your uncle is using you for his dirty work and you don’t even see it. I may be a pet but you're his lap dog.” I snapped. He looked surprised.

“Lola shut up,” James said. I smiled.

“Lola shut up. Lola does this for me. Lola doesn’t say anything. No how about you do me a favor and tell your master that I will not give him a child and neither is Shane. That bet was between my father your father and him. It does not continue down the line. And if he has a problem with then send someone else that knows how to use there brain.” I said. I was reaching my limits with him.

“Well, she sure grew up. Shane, we have to do someone about Marco.” James said. To say that I expected this would be a lie.

“What do you mean?” Shane said.

“He didn’t like the fact that you wanted to protect Lola. So he orders her death. He sent me here to kill her. But I frankly like her. She makes you happy and I wouldn’t take that from you.” He said. I looked at Shane to see if he was buying this.

“So you’re helping?” Shane asked. James smiled.

“I was always helping. You see the only reason I was actually helping Marco was to learn his weaknesses. Oh, by the way, all that just a second was because I have a chip on my chest repeating everything I say. My tech guy just disabled it. We have work to do.” James said. Shane nodded.

“You’re buying this?” I asked. Shane looked at me.

“Lola that night at camp it wasn’t me. I promise you I have more respect than that. You see my uncle had these people look like us for public view. We almost got shot one time so now If we do get shot at it isn’t really us. Uncle hired him to do that. He wanted Shane to hate me when he decided to help you. And school yeah that’s not me either. I’ve been in Mexico doing business.” He said. I still didn’t believe him.

“I checked and his story checks out,” Derek said coming in the classroom. Freya walked in behind him.

“Lola goes to your room with Derek and Freya,” Shane said. I crossed my arms and looked at him.

“Art studio all day? Remember? Cause you were there.” I said. He sighed.

“Just listen.” He said. I walked over to the printing room.

“We can stay in here,” I said. He growled. I turned to him. “You said something and you went back on it. I’m not like that. Now if you’ll excuse me I have pictures to print.” I said. I was about to turn around but he grabbed my hand.

“I just want to protect you. Can you just let me do that?” He said. I was about to open my mouth when someone came in.

“Boss, I talked to the guys.” A guy said. Shane turned to him.

“Not now Tom,” Shane said. Derek looked confused.

“Talked to them about what?” He asked.

“Meeting Lola and Freya. Shane said we could if we behaved and we are.” Tom said. I crossed my arms.

“Fine James walk with us. Derek stays with Freya and Lola walk with me.” Shane said. We all walked out and went to the gym. Derek and Freya were right behind us, Tom and James on either side of Shane and I. We were in front of the gym and Shane went to walk in. I stopped. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I can’t go in remember?” I asked. He smiled.

“So now we listen?” He said. I smirked.