~Chapter 89~

"Thank you for coming over. Dad has been on my case since I told him I'm pregnant. He usually calms down when you are around." Freya says as she walks upstairs. I follow behind her slowly. 

"Yeah, of course," She stops at her bedroom door and turns to me. 

"What is wrong?" I shake my head. 

"I just don't feel good," She scans me to see if I was lying. I look away from her. 

"Is it Shane?" I look back at her. 

"Yeah, I guess," She gives me a sad look.

"I thought things with you and Lee were going good?" I let out a dry laugh and look down at my hands. 

"So did I." 

"I'm sorry, love," She said. I look up at her with a small smile. 

"It's not your fault," She turns to the door and opens it. I look around her room to see boxes piled up in the corner as her shelves were bare. I take a deep breath. "So you're really doing it?" She turns to me with a confused look. "You're leaving?" She gives me a small smile. 

"Yes," I feel my eyes start to water and I wrap my arms around her. 

"I'm going to miss you," She hugs me back. 

"I'm going to miss you too," A few tears fell and I closed my eyes. "You are welcomed to visit whenever," I let out a shaky laugh as I pull away from the hug. 

"Oh, I'm going to," She wipes her eyes as she laughs. She puts her hands on her stomach as she looks at it. I watch her with awe. "Has Derek told you, his decision?" She shakes her head. 

"I keep thinking that every time we talk he will but whenever he opens his mouth he completely freezes him up and says something different. I don't know what to do. I gave him a month to decide but I can't keep putting my life on hold for him." I nod and sit down on her bed with her. 

"I know you love him and I know you are carrying his child but there is only so much you can do to get him to understand. If New York is what you want then you have to go even if it means by yourself. It's the only way you are actually going to go." She gulps and nods. 

"I know," I look down at my phone to see the time. I look up at her. 

"I have something I have to do. Do you mind if I finish helping you pack tomorrow?" She smiles. 

"Of course," I give her one last hug before getting outside to my car. When I get back to the house I get into the shower. When I get downstairs I get a message from Lee saying he was outside. I open the door for him. He looked like he had just gotten out of the shower himself. His hair was partly wet. He smelt like a fresh mint. I open the door more for him. He walks in and heads to the living room. I follow him and lean against the wall. He sighs. 

"I'm sorry," He whispers. I look at him with a blank look. 

"I love Shane," He nods. 

"I know," I look away from him. 

"You know? You played me. You knew I was with him and yet you allowed me to get close to you?" I look back at him. His eyes held sorrow and nervousness. 

"I needed you to trust me." I shake my head and take a step towards him. 

"You know that isn't what I meant." He swallows harshly as he switches back and forth with his eyes to mine. 

"I know," I gulp. 

"I never would have kissed you if I knew who you were. I wouldn't do that to Shane." He looks down.