'Empty Wallets' by 5sos (Michael Clifford Fluff) (The Youngblood Series)

Summary: (Y/N) has a flashback of her first Valentine's Day with Michael while packing for their new house.
(Words: 724) (Part 1: Woke up in Japan, Part 2: Want You Back, Part 3: Monster Among Men)
This part is independent of the rest of Michael's Youngblood Series. It is also kind of a College AU. 
--

"Are you still packing, love?" Michael asks me as he walks into the attic of our home.
"Yeah. But I'll be done in a few minutes and then we can go grab a bite if you want to..." I suggest, turning to smile at my fiance.
"Sure. I'll go finish packing the books and wait for you." Michael announces, leaving a soft peck on my temple.
I nod and watch him as he climbs down the stairs, leaving me alone in the attic. Since we are moving out, I decided to see which of the boxes in our attic have useful stuff inside and which are going to be thrown away.
This far, I have only stumbled upon trash, basically, but there are still a couple of boxes that need to be opened.

I reach for the box in front of me, removing the tape and open the lid, revealing stuff from the house we rented in college. I chuckle, digging into it; a little flag with the university's logo, framed pictures with friends, a banner that we had over our bed to hide the horrible wall. Everything brings a smile to my face.
And the smile grows bigger as I grab the photo of our first Valentine's Day.

(Flashback)
"So, what are we doing tonight?" Michael asks as he strokes my hair while the movie credits roll on the screen.

"Uh, I am not in the mood for much. I am thinking we should cook something quick and watch one more movie." I say, kissing his neck softly.
"Oh, come on, kitten. I know you were excited about this day. This can't be your only plan." Michael replies, tilting his head to the side to give you access.
"I am not in the mood." I try to convince him but Michael chuckles sarcastically.
"On our first Valentine's day and you are not in the mood... Are you tired of me already?" Michael gasps, playing offended.
"You know that's not it." I exclaim and he presses his soft lips on my temple.
"Then what is it, princess? Cause I've heard you talking to your best friend about our first Valentine's day and this is not what you had in mind at all." Michael pushes me to speak up, making me huff out in annoyance.
"Ok, I'll tell you, but promise you won't get mad, ok?" I say and Michael nods his head, holding me closer to his body.
"I wanted to take you out for dinner since you always pay for our dates, I wanted to treat you this time. And I wanted to get you a fancy gift, maybe a pair of lingerie... But I had to pay the rent and then go grocery shopping, but I was tight on money, so I decided to just cancel the day." I explain, looking at my fingers. Michael pushes my chin up, leaning down to press a kiss on my lips.
"Why are you so precious?" He asks, stroking my cheek.
"I want you to go get ready because I am taking you out." He says, pecking on my forehead.
"Michael, I don't have money and I don't want you spending all your money on me." I protest but Michael chuckles.
"Stop worrying about money, baby. As long as I have money, you have money. And I am not letting us spend our first V day like that. So, go get ready, put a fucking set of lingerie under your dress, cause after dinner, I am getting my dessert." He winks at me, giving my ass a slap.

"Still not done with the boxes?" Michael's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I turn to him, holding the picture to my chest. He walks closer to me, picking up the picture.
"First V day, huh..." He smiles as he observes the picture.
"We've come a long way since then..." I comment and he nods.
"And now, we are going to spend the next Valentine's Day with baby Clifford." He smiles at me, kneeling down to kiss my baby bump. You can barely see it, but we know that there is someone in there, someone we created.
"We made it." I smile, bringing my hand to run my fingers through his locks.
"We sure did, princess." He stands up, bringing his lips to mine.