Elise Marilou

My name is Elise Marilou, the "supposedly" crush of Jason Grace.

Sure, he is handsome and nice to me. Heck, he's nice to everyone! But I don't feel the same way.

I think he and Piper Mclean, I met her in my other school "Meriwether Prep" but she left a year before the gym exploded by "accident", would fit together perfectly.

I walked towards my locker.

"Hey Els!" Jason greeted.

I smiled kindly at him.

"You seem nervous," I noted, looking at him with concern. "What's wrong?"

"You lost your British accent," he said, ignoring my question.

"First of all," I started. " I never had a British accent. Secondly, answer my question!" I demanded, punching him playfully on the arm.

He sighed.

"I'll show you later." He answered.

"Fine." I huffed.

He smiled and left.

I leaned on my locker.

"Ooh," An annoying voice cooed.

I turned around to see Bridgette, our school's "Gossip Girl".

"What?" I asked her.

"He is soo going to ask you out." She answered, snapping pictures of me.

"Stop it!" I ordered shielding my face from the camera's flashes.

"You're no fun." She pouted.

I rolled my eyes.

"He isn't going to ask me out." I said. "And if he did I'd say 'no'"

I walked towards my classroom leaing a dumbfounded Bridgette in the dust.

-------Time Lapse--------

How am I going to let him down easy?

I sat by a mahogany tree outside of school, waiting for Jason.

Bridgette was up in the tree. Don't ask me how she got up there. With her camera ready. I just pretended not to notice her.

Jason walked out of the school's front door a rose in hand.

I heard Bridgette gasp and squeal "OMG!"

Jason looked around and spotted me. He walked towards me.

I forced a smile and got prepared to say "No." When someone called out:

"Jason!"

Jason turned around and smiled like there was no tomorrow.

"Pipes!' He greeted engulfing a girl with choppy, brown hair in a hug. He then, handed her the rose. Looks like they weren't for me...

They started talking in rapid fire english. I barely understood them!

They walked towards me. Jason waved his hand and the girl looked at me with familiarity.

"Hi, I'm Elise, Elise Marilou." I introduced myself, holding my hand out.

The girl gasped.

"E-Elise?" She stuttered. "It's me Piper, Piper Mclean."

Now it was my turn to gasp. I hugged her.

We talked about what happened on her last year in Meriwether Prep.

She told me that Jason was her boyfriend for about a year now and her dad, Tristan Mclean, yes the actor, was doing fine.

All of a sudden I heard a loud thump behind me. I turned around to see Bridgette sprawled across the pavement stuttering "M-M-Mclean?"

Piper nodded reluctantly as if she was unsure. Then Bridgette fainted. I tried to hold back a laugh but couldn't resist. The Jason, Piper and I walked away laughing our heads off.

Looks like Jason didn't have a crush on me.

That's how I learned not trust all the rumors...