22. Girlfriend. Love. Serious. Happening.

What is wrong with you? Turn around laugh at him and his stupid statement, which is making your heart pound, and walk away.

I am trying but I can't. Did he mean what he said? Am I reading too much from what he very casually said? Can someone like him say something like that to someone like me? What should I make of this? Is that my phone ringing?

'Mad love; So take a look at what you've done
Cause baby now we got bad blood'

Yup, definitely my phone.

I raised my phone to my ear and before I even uttered a greeting the voice on the other side spoke.

"Meet me in my apartment now," and the line went dead.

I turned around and without making any eye contact, said to Nick "I should go now. Something's come up, I will see you sometime," and made a mad dash to the stairs.

I was listening to my brain and running away from the stupid guy who has been constantly flashing before my eyes for the past few months now.

It was only when I reached the lobby it struck to me.

How the hell are you planning on leaving this place unseen? I am sure there are people out there trying to just get a peep at the girl that has Ryan's heart hidden in her purse.

"I take it that your plan was to escape from these people by running like never before?"

It had to be him, didn't it?

"No, on my way down I was supposed to acquire magical powers. Powers that help me teleport."

He gave me a fake smile and said, "come with me I can drive you"

Crazy?

After a lot of NO from my side and logical reasoning from his end, Nick drove me to Mini's apartment. I got out of his car and without so much as a goodbye or thank you, I ran into her apartment.

What is wrong with me?

Had it been some other time I would be over thinking about the phone call, the cryptic way Mini hung up and the vague information I have been given. Because, Mini cannot for the life of her keep anything to the point. She loves to elaborate and yap about everything in detail. So, the only logical explanation my brain could come up with is that Mini has been kidnapped. The explanation proved to be right when I barged right into her apartment to find some guy standing in her living room with his back turned to me.

He was dressed in casuals and was looking down, doing god knows what. I have a hunch about who this guy is, but it is impossible for him to be here.

"If you made Mini call me here to demand some ransom, then let me tell you pal, you called the wrong girl. I do not have that kind of money; my boss is a miser."

The possible kidnapper let out a huge sign and walked to the couch and threw himself on it, busily typing away something on his phone and shouted "babe your crazy witch friend is here. As usual she is being dramatic. Come fast or I am sure she is going to turn me into a mouse."

I am taking this way better than I usually would. I blame it on the stupid words Nick said that are cushioning my brain from the blow of what is happening right now.