𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏

Start from the beginning

If you ask me, I still think it's unbelievable how we made it out of there. But whats more unbelievable is the drastic numbers we lost in that battle.

We arrive at the top of the wall and it is instant chaos. Medics race to help every wounded soldier, which is the majority. Others faint the second they stand on their feet and have to have water fetched for them. Those who aren't injured or weak helped out.

"Commander?" I ask as the man buckles to the floor. Myself and a couple other soldiers struggle to keep him up. "Can you hear me Commander? He's about to pass out, get him medical attention now!"

He is put on a stretcher immediately and taken away so that they can work on his arm. Or, better said, lack of an arm.

I go over to Mikasa, watching as they lie her down on a stretcher. When that titan grabbed her it squeezed her much too hard and she broke a couple ribs. It'll take her some time to heal.

"We'll get her to a doctor fast." A Garrison soldier says.

Eren kneels next to her. I can tell he feels this is his fault and wants to apologize. Mikasa can tell, too.

"Eren," she reassures him. "Its okay."

He nods sullenly. A trio of nurses picks her up and carries her away. I frown and wave goodbye. She'll be fine, for sure. I've known Mikasa long enough to recognize that she's not so easily defeated.

Suddenly I'm grabbed by the waist and pulled into Eren's chest. He hugs me like he's made it a commitment to never let me go. I return the feeling, face buried in his shirt as he nuzzles into my hair.

For the first time ever since the titans appeared in Wall Rose, I feel truly at ease.

"All of this happened because of me." He says grimly.

"Don't say that." I hissed.

Eren doesn't care who might be watching. He kisses me full front, holding me like I'm his lifeline. I return it with equal fervor. I think as long as I have this slice of perfection, this painkiller, I can make it through to see the end. Whether it be the end of a caged humanity or the end of humanity itself, it doesn't matter.

Midway through the kiss I feel dizzy. I blame it on the butterflies until it is too much and I'm forced to part. Eren looks at me, concerned, and places both hands on my shoulders.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I'm about to say yes but lose all feeling in my tongue. The heat in my body is escalating. The inside of my head feels heavy like I need to lie down.

Blood trickles out of my nose. When I wipe, it is pitch black.

"Johanna— what's happening? Johanna?"

The strength leaves my legs. My eyes roll to the back of my head and I pass out.

꒰ 🥀 ꒱

"Help! Someone help!"

Levi hears a certain titan brat shouting. He has just arrived and already, the kid is screaming his head off? He cranes his neck and pushes past the crowd forming around Eren. One glimpse at the scene is all it takes and his heart stops.

A panicked Eren is knelt down on the floor, holding a limp Johanna in his lap.

He doesn't know what's going on. But he knows exactly who he needs.

He dashes off towards the hospital wing they have reserved for the critically wounded in a sector of the wall. Bursting through the door, he looks around wildly. "Hanji!"