❤︎ Chapter Twenty-One

The audience and I erupt into applause and cheer as a talented band we'd enjoyed completed their most recent song.

They moved offstage to give the dancing troupe room for their performance, each member of the taking their place onstage with vibrant, entrancing costumes. I watched in awe as the beautiful dancers began to twirl and sway to the rhythm. We clap in time with the steps, roaring our approval.

"Wow! Do you guys think I could do that?!" I turn in my barstool to ask my friends, and without taking their eyes off of the dancers, they answer me quickly.

"No."

"Absolutely not."

"Please don't, Princess."

I puff out my cheeks, annoyed at their dismissal. I'd only been taught how to ballroom dance, which I found hopelessly boring. The entertainers who came to our castle for parties were often dancers just like the ones onstage. I always admired their free, exciting routines and was always curious to learn. The way they leapt and spun about...it looked so invigorating, so expressive...

What a waste to come all this way and do nothing but eat and drink when I could entertain all of you live!

Cassius, Azura and Crystal were all watching the dancers as if they were under some kind of spell, paying no attention to me at all. I honestly didn't mind that much. Normally, everything I did was watched so closely I often felt suffocated — it was just like back home in the castle and I refused to prevent myself from enjoying any moment of independence when I got the chance.

I gulped down the last of my drink and snickered to myself as the sweet, powerful flavor swept across my tongue. I'd ordered 3 of these cups of "Dragon Vine" already and had been drinking them for the passed few hours without anyone noticing. I was the only one out of the four of us that knew it was alcohol!

I don't exactly have a list of things I'd like to try while I'm away from the castle, but this would definitely be the top five!

"Haha...!" I burped, and the music started to sound slower and slower. My body heated up from head to toe and the idea of my cheeks being flushed sounded terribly funny at the moment. I stood up and headed for the bathroom to go look in the mirror, stumbling the whole way and bumping into a few people.

I finally reach a door at the end of the hallway and throw it open, turning on the light and closing the door behind me. I take a look around and see vanities all around the room. There are wardrobes and shoes and clothing racks scattered all over the place.

"This isn't the...*belch* bathroom..."

I trip and fall after my vision blurs and land on a pile of clothes. My hands get tangled in what looks to be a costume. It was a rather revealing two piece, but beautiful all the same!

"Father would...never let me wear something like this.."

Giggling, I start to unbutton my blouse and slip the thing on. I wasn't quite sure what I was thinking, but maybe I wasn't. Everything just seemed so funny and stupid right now. It felt like the wrong thing to do may have been right and the best thing to do was keep making myself laugh!

I stand up to look at myself in the mirror and gasp at how massive my breasts looked in the outfit. I'd never worn anything like this before.

"What would ... Azura think...! Or better yet..Cassius?!" I almost lose my head laughing at that, but my laughter is cut short when a group of women burst in chattering about something. I get swept up in their flurry and they undress and get changed into a new costume in the blink of an eye.