❤︎Chapter Seventeen

"Your highness, at least finish your breakfast first..."

"How can I finish a meal when I'm this excited!"

I burst into a fit of giggles as I push my plate of food away and scoot my chair at the dining room table back. My company sighs in unison when they realize that there was no calming me down from my excitement — I was ecstatic!

Prince Haga was going to be giving me a tour of the castle soon, with even a little bit of background on the kingdom. I couldn't wait — had even refused to sleep the night before in anticipation of it, but prior to when Haga had used a spell on me to induce sleep.

Even though I hadn't been tired in the slightest when I slept last night, I was wide awake, refreshed, and as energetic as ever this morning.

That didn't stop the others from worrying about my health, however. Everyone was still treating me like I could fall apart at any moment!

"I don't think there's any convincing her..." Azura mumbles.

"Once you get her excited about something, you're in biiiiig trouble if it doesn't happen as soon as possible. I think it's safe to say she's healthy enough." Cassius swallowed a spoonful of his porridge.

"Are you implying I'm spoiled?" I place my hands on my hips and narrow my eyes at the blond knight sitting across from me. He doesn't react much, but responds with a sigh.

"Not at all, your highness..I'm just stating facts about your stubborn qualities."

"Princess Noel," Crystal's eyes are filled with emotion as she appears to have been the more distraught one of the three about my health, "Are you sure you feel alright? You can take your time during the courting. I'm sure the prince would understand if you.."

"What? Postponed? Me? Never! Well, except for yesterday..but that was because I..you know. I didn't really have a choice. We were supposed to court yesterday. No more postponing!"

The conversation ends there. The princess had spoken!

Just a mere few moments later, Haga and I were walking hand in hand through the deeper branches of the castle, exploring its historical sites and sculptures. It was like some kind of gorgeous exhibit — and all in his home!

"Your highness, it's all breathtaking!"

"You don't mind my earthly castle at all? I understand it may not be as pleasing as the palaces where you come from..."

"Oh, of course I don't mind it. It's beautiful."

Haga grins as he glances at me briefly, "You know, if you and I should marry, this would be your home."

I blush and feel a smile spread across my face. The idea of it was fascinating, but also unappealing. I had wanted badly to live in beautiful places before, but overtime I realized that some places were just too beautiful to be called home. Uncomfortable, even. Home should be home in every aspect.

I'd hate to live in my own palace for the rest of my life because I got so tired of seeing it and wanted so badly to travel. I called it home because I had no other choice in the matter. I feared the idea of living in Haga's castle tree and growing tired of its beauty over time.

"I suppose you're right," I smile, "It's so lovely."

"Can I show you something?"

"As if I'd say no!"

Prince Haga takes my hand and starts to lead me down the long staircase that wrapped around the interior of the tree. We finally reach one of the lower floors and enter a room through a wooden door with intricate carvings in its surface. Before I can ask the prince what they meant, he pushes the door open to reveal a room filled with overgrown vines and thick tree roots.

Looking at the center of the room, I see a massive glowing green orb that seems to connect all of the roots and vines to it. I look at Haga curiously, and he ushers me inside.

"This is the heart of the castle tree, also the life source of many fairies in this kingdom, including me," he explains, "I'm afraid it is dying."

Don't forget to vote and comment what you thought of the chapter!

I care about what ya'll think and love to take suggestions!

I take updating requests on Sundays and Mondays!

Writing Schedule(I'll do my best but I will struggle):
Monday ( RANDOM/REQUESTS)
Tuesday (💖Bishoujo Vitamin)
Wednesday (👫MomoTomo, 👸🏻Serendipity Suitor)
Thursday (🦊Kiss me Kitsune)
Friday ( 🍑Momoko in Tokyo, 🦊High School Fox Clan, 🗣Louder Than Words)
Saturday (☯️Opposites Attract, 🌸Sakura Prince, 💎Pink Diamond)
Sunday (RANDOM/REQUESTS)