❤︎Chapter Four

"Princess." My knights come before me and kneel down, bowing deeply in respect of my presence. I look at them with a soft smile, admiring their armor.

"Hello, Azura, Cassius." I say, nearly blinded by how glorious they were, dressed and prepared to protect me at any waking moment. I lift the dress I was wearing under my armor by the sides and curtesy.

"You look absolutely breathtaking." Cassius walks up to me, reaches for my hand, and kisses the back of it charmingly. I look up into his soft brown eyes and feel myself blush, flattered by him as always.

"Cassius!" I whisper so that none of the staff could hear, "If you weren't wearing that armor, I would have easily thought you were a prince!"

Cassius smiles back down at me as I look at his curly blond hair, "Don't be fooled by my beauty. I am merely a knight. Even if I were the highest born in this world, I could not compare to your elegance."

There's a mocking chuckle that comes from Azura beside Cassius. The blond knight tears his eyes away from me to glare daggers at his apprentice, but it had no affect on him. Azura looked away from us, arms folded over his broad chest.

Hehe, what is he laughing at?

"Something funny, underling?" Cassius spat out at him. I couldn't help but feel offended myself at the way he spoke to my darling Azura. I couldn't understand rankings in this kingdom, and I didn't agree with them. So what Azura wasn't a prince or born from a noble family! He was kind and sweet and charming and handsome and he had the most amazing eyes and I felt eternally safe in his presence...

Oh my goodness, I sound like I'm in love with him.

The thought of falling in love with Azura made me laugh quietly to myself

The thought of falling in love with Azura made me laugh quietly to myself. I usually didn't think things through before I did them, but even I knew what a terrible position I would be in if I were to allow myself to fall in love with him. I had 12 suitors, all of whom my father chose for me to pick from. I was going on an adventure all around the world just to meet them!

Imagine if I fell in love with one of my knights that are escorting me to my suitors!

"Nothing, Sir Cassius. I was just admiring your woman charming skills." He says this with a mocking tone as well! It makes me grin to see someone point out Cassius' womanizing habits! At least I wasn't the only one.

"We will now begin the the quest acceptance ceremony." My father takes his seat at his throne and I stand in between my knights, feeling safer and more secure than ever, and again I can't help but smile to myself.

I'm such a lucky princess!