A Perfect Secret

Just an idea that came to me while I was watching TV. This is set in the beginning of season four after Emma kissed Killian. She decides that she wants to be with him but doesn't want to face her father so they agree to keep it a secret for now. Hope you enjoy. Please comment any thoughts!!

Emma rolled over in her bed. Glancing over at her clock and listening carefully for any footprints to sound on the floor below her.

When she was sure her parents were asleep, Emma stood up and waved her wrist to change out of her pajamas.

She crept down the steps, hoping not to wake anyone. It would be hard to explain why she was sneaking out of the loft at 1 am in the morning.

Finally she made her way out of the loft, smiling to herself when she began to climb down the steps.

Once outside, Emma began walking quickly to where she was meeting Killian.

As she walked, a warm feeling filled her chest. She felt like a teenage girl sneaking out to see her boyfriend despite that she herself was an adult.

As Emma reached the docks, a smile spread across her face when she saw Killian standing on the edge with his back to her.

Picking up her pace, she silently came up behind him, placing her hands over his eyes.

"Guess who." She said laughing slightly.

His body stiffened for a moment before relaxing after hearing her voice.

"About bloody time love." He said whipping around to face her and capturing her lips with his.

Emma let out a surprised moan. She kissed him back with an equal amount of passion.

"Someone was excited to see me." She said with a laugh once they pulled apart.

He placed a kiss on her forehead, pulling her body close to his. "You have no idea."

Emma laughed and wrapped her amazing around his waist, resting her head on his chest as they stared out onto the waves.

"Do you miss it?" She asked quietly, looking up into his eyes.

He looked down at her. "Miss what?"

"Being out on the sea. Being a captain."

Killian looked back at the sea. "Sometimes. I don't miss being a pirate, I'm much happier being on the good side for once, but sometimes I do miss sailing. It was one of the things my brother and I bonded over. The ocean calms me. I miss that."

Emma nodded in understanding but before she could say anything else Killian grabbed her hand and spoke again. "I can live with missing the ocean if it means I get to stay on land with you love. In fact I think I would much prefer it."

Emma smiled, blushing. "You always know just what to say to make me like you even more don't you?" She teased.

A smirk curled onto his lips. "Aye love, it's one of my many talents."

She laughed and lightly shoved him before wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning her head on his.

She moved her lips to his in a slow kiss, one that wasn't like their Neverland kiss but also wasn't as tenitive as their kiss outside Granny's.

No, this one was full of respect, trust, and love for one another. Even if they weren't ready to admit the last part quite yet.

Killian's hand tangled in Emma's hair and his hook rested on her hip, gently holding her close to him in a way that made her heart flutter.