Christmas

A late Christmas one shot😆

Emma had spent her first 21 Christmases alone. Not that she didn't ever have friends and Neal was around for one of them, but the feeling she could always count on around Christmas was loneliness.

Then Henry came. He brought her to Storybrooke where she found her parents and an abundance of people she was related to.

Unfortunately for Emma there was still something missing.

The first year she thought maybe would be different was when Hook had been around. That is, until a curse swept them all away and sent Emma and Henry to New York.

Then the next year her and Killian had been on a few dates and Emma knew she loved him. She was excited about Christmas for once in her life.

But her life as the saviour intervened again and this time Emma was dark and watched her family celebrate Christmas from afar.

And of course Emma was in literal hell during Christmas the next year so not much celebrating went on.

This year Emma wasn't going to let any curse or villian ruin her spending the holidays with Killian.

They lived together now and she didn't care how many blasted zeplinesflew over her house, she was spending Christmas with Killian.

Emma had already gotten him something and they had even gotten a small Christmas tree for the living room.

Killian had been beyond confused about why on earth they would want a dead tree in their house.

He hadn't understood most traditions but was perfectly accepting of Mistletoe.

When Emma had explained it to him he had raised an eyebrow and given her his typical smirk.

"So your saying if I hold this above you, I get a kiss?" He teased.

Emma laughed. "Yeah pretty much."

He had immediately left to 'run errands' and when he came back he had conveniently found mistletoe.

He held it over Emmas head and raised an eyebrow.

She shook her head laughing. "So your perfectly accepting that one of our traditions is holding a plant over someone's head to get them to kiss you?"

"Aye. Seems perfectly reasonable to me."

Emma had just laughed and kissed him.

Henry had taken the liberty of telling Killian about gift exchanges and then the two of them went shopping for Emma while she worked.

When Christmas morning finally came, Emma was thrilled.

Henry was at Reginas this morning and would come over to their house later that day along with her family.

Emma woke up and turned towards Killian.

He was still asleep so she placed light kisses along his jaw before placing on on his lips.

He smirked and slowly opened his eyes.

"Merry Christmas love."

Emma smiled back. "Merry Christmas Killian."

She kissed him again before they went downstairs to have breakfast.

Rather then have an extravagant feast, they just made pancakes and bacon before settling in on the couch to watch Christmas movies.

After they ate they decided to exchange each others gifts.

Emma handed him a small package first.