Across the Way

Emma and Killian live in apartment complex directly across from each other and can see the others apartment from the window.

Emma looked around her new apartment. It was lovely. It was a simple two room apartment. One rather large room with a small kitchen and a sitting area, and the other a small bedroom that could only fit her desk, bed, and dresser.

She went to the large window that took up an entire wall in her larger room and opened the curtains so that light flooded into the apartment.

About 10 feet away was another apartment building with a similar large window covering the wall. The curtains were opened and Emma could see a man sitting on the couch with a book in hand.

Emma tore her eyes away from the other building and began to arrange furniture the way she liked it.

Emmas favorite part of the apartment was the hammock like chair that hung from the ceiling facing the window which showed a beautiful view of Manhatten beyond the other building.

Emma settled in and grabbed some paperwork she had to fill out for her new job and sat in the window seat to finish it up before cooking dinner.

Emma had gotten a job as a bail bonds person just down the street. She started the next day so she was under a lot of stress already.

---

Across the way Killian had been reading while sitting on the couch near the window when a flash of blonde hair caught his eye.

He turned his head and saw a beautiful women examining the view beyond his building.

He stared at her for a moment while his mouth open and eventually managed to turn away as she went back into the kitchen.

He could see many boxes in her apartment so he figured she must have just moved here.

He couldn't help but watch her move her furniture around before sitting down in the chair that hung from the ceiling and faced the window.

He watched her for a moment longer before shaking his head and mentally scolding himself.

"You don't even know this women and your basically stalking her." He mumbled to himself.

Yet he knew she was different. Even just watching her he felt like he had a connection to her. She was clearly stunning but he felt that maybe, just maybe, she was more then that. He hoped he would one day get the chance to find out.

Later that night Killian was sitting at his desk in his bedroom when he glanced out the window only to make eye contact with the women across the way.

He gave her a charming smile and she quickly looked down. Even from here he could tell she was blushing.

----

After eating Emma went to her room and looked out the window to see the same man from earlier working at a desk.

She stared at him for some time before he looked up and made eye contact with her.

He gave her a smile and she felt heat rise up in her cheeks before she quickly looked down at her feet.

She waited a moment before looking back up. He was still looking at her with a smile plastered on his face.

He held up a hand for her to wait a second and then rummaged through his desk for a moment before writing something on a sheet of paper and holding it to the window.

Hi

Emma laughed and pulled out a pad of paper herself.

Hey