✦ Prologue ✦ Unsure ✦

Goggles' POV

...

...

...

Silent...

Yeah...

It was definitely silent.

I could only hear the loud *tick* of my big, old clock, whenever another second passed.

This kind of silence I never realized so hard as like now.

It was late... and I hardly could sleep. Actually... I COULDN'T sleep, better to say.

It was already midnight, but something stopped me, from getting asleep.

Something... which I didn't know what it really was.

I tried... to figure out what it was, but nil, I kept having no clue.

I was laying on my big blue bed, which had enough space for two. I was almost on the edge and placed a hand on the other side of the bed. Then I wishpered slightly a name and wished deeply, that this certain inkling would be now next to me.

Rider.

Rider is a good friend.
Actually, he's the best friend I've could ever wish for.

He's a yellow-green inkling and since I battled him enough, he changed into one, who can work well with teammates.

I'm still proud of this fact and I was out of joy as he told me that in a peacefully moment.

He's sometimes a bit aggressive, but that's okay.

I still love him...

in a friendly way.

He's my best friend, no question and I like him a lot. He doesn't like my clumsy personality but I feel exactly, that he wants to keep being friends with me, despite the several problems in our friendship.

He's like a brother to me.

I'm sure he feels the same, so I'm happy. But nevertheless, I can't sleep. I have no clue.. what my problem was.

But somehow I wished he could be next to me right now.

We wouldn't cuddle or anything... please do not think too far... but we would talk.

Whenever I'm sad or just in a bad mood, I'm either alone or with Rider.

He makes me feel better and I feel safe around him. He is very proud of himself and therefore he owns a lot of courage.

In turf wars he's great as well with his golden dynamo roller and even though I defeated him already a couple times, I still admire this strong man.

We did a lot together so far and we get along quite well.

I blinked many times and so slowly I felt more and more tired.

The tiredness was overwhelming, because a normal squid would definitely fall asleep since long ago.

This was by the way not the first time, that I thought about "him" in the night. It's really difficult to accept the fact that he couldn't be next to me all the time, what I would wish to be honest.

I had to realize that I'm dispite that still a happy inkling.
The realization was difficult to went through tho. I wanted more... but it wasn't possible.

I ask myself sometimes... is there maybe a way that I can sleep early and well enough for the future?

I hope so...

Currently I'm searching about an idea..

Rider and I are still living in different houses and I'm okay with that. Also, hr lives alone, which confuses me but okay.

A good option would be, to live with him below one roof.
I would be happy but the other question which makes me worry is simple, if he would be too.

Why?
Because... I'm not sure.

Whenever I think about this most friendship, which could turn into a love relationship and feel the worries, I can never sleep, as if it would be like the last day of my life.

The truth tho, was still invisible.

I'll never find out, what I truly want, to feel better than today.

I never will..

The last sentence I spoke silently in front of me and then I was shocked.

I said his name and I wanted him so badly.

Can it may be, that we're more than only friends?

If I would think about a relationship I couldn't realize this anyways, if it would happen.

He... I mean I know him too less for this and I'm not so good in looking into other souls.

The realization of the truth was too hard to understand. The truth was namely, that all these thoughts were undefined and I think it's time...

to figure this out for once and all!