TEEN - AGE

Cover at the top💞
***

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" Ella yelled and slammed the door as she left.

"Have fun dear!" her mother, Mrs. Esther Williams called back at her daughter from the living room.

Her father, Mr. William Williams cleared his throat beside his wife, his eyes fixed on the television subconsciously.

"What now?" Mrs. Williams asked her husband, knowing he had something to comment about the fact Ella was going out of the house to a party by 9 pm.

"You know what." he turned to look at her with a knowing glare.

"Don't start now. Ella is old enough to go out and have fun." she rolled her eyes and picked up the remote from the side stool beside the couch they were on.

"I didn't say she is not old enough but isn't it very late for a young girl like her to be outside?"

"You worry too much."

"Because that's our only surviving child, Esther. If anything were to happen to her, I mean ANYTHING, I would hold you responsible." he pointed, making his statement as straight as his face.

"Don't start now, Will. Nothing will happen to her. I don't know why you're always negative about everything and anything." she turned to look at him, her eyes watering as she remembered Ella never used to be their only child.

They used to have four children, including Ella. Ella was the second child till a truck smashed her other children when their oldest son went to pick the younger ones from school.

"I've said my own now." he deadpanned and turned to face the TV.

Mrs. Williams, unwilling to hold back her anger and pain, slammed the remote on the couch and stormed out of the living room.

Mr. Williams watched her leave before heaving out a sigh.

***

"There's my girl." Paul grinned as Ella ran to him and jumped into his arms, planting a kiss on his lips.

"Hmm. Cherry?" he asked when their lips parted.

"Strawberry actually." she smiled before jumping down from him.

Paul and Ella have been together for six months now and was madly in love with each other.

It was their last year in highschool and they all decided to throw a big party to celebrate it. They were done with Senior WAEC. All that was left was to attend a lame graduation party and receive a long speech of congratulations from the Principal and staff.

"I suddenly became invisible, abi?" Kate, Ella's best friend appeared from behind after being ditched the moment Ella saw Paul.

Ella laughed and apologized to her friend.

"I won't be offended if Harry bought it." Kate said and a smirk spread on Paul's lips.

"He did?!" Kate squealed before running into the huge mansion that hosted the party.

It was Harry's.

Harry was the captain of the school's soccer team and the very best athlete. He was also the richest kid in school but not the smartest when it came to his academic.

Paul was his best friend; sometimes considered to be a geek and was really good in his academic. He wasn't the richest but managed to keep up with spending.

"Let's go inside." Paul took Ella's hand and she blushed, a wide grin she couldn't suppress holding her cheeks captive.

He smiled at that as they made their way into the house.