~Chapter eighteen~

Izuku pov

There he was, hanging again.
I'm not going to be helpless this time.
I run towards him, I stand underneath him, he's tall, the ceilings aren't super tall.
I grabbed his legs, and put them underneath my arms and got him to be sort of leaning on me, so then he wouldn't be choking anymore. And so he won't fall backward.
He died in a few minutes before.
I need to get this rope off him.
I need to stand on the chair, the one that's kicked down a few feet from my grasp.
"DAMNIT!"
I cursed aloud, I need to save him now.
He may not be choking, but he's losing blood, fast.
Then, I heard some thumping,
Oh, thank god.
In a matter of a few seconds, Sero appeared in the doorway. "Todoroki? Are you good? I heard a crash and someone scre-" He opened his tired eyes fully, and gasped and put his hands over his mouth.

"Sero, please. Help. Get me the chair,"

He didn't say anything, the tall boy just rushed in to grab the chair. I moved a little to the side so he could put the chair down underneath him.
This won't work.
He won't stand on it, one, he's very weak right now, and two, he won't want to stay on it.
"Sero this isn't working, here, your pretty much the same size as him. Get on the chair and take the rope off this neck." He moved the chair to the side a bit and got on top, first he reached for the fan so that I won't have to hold him up.
He's better at this than I am,
He got the rope down from the fan, then slowly lifted from off his neck.
There was a red mark, not to bad, he had only been hanging for a few seconds.
If he wasn't bleeding so bad right now, he would probably still be awake,
I think he's passed out anyway.
I can feel his chest on my back, he's breathing okay.

"Midoriya, careful," Sero got down from the chair, and he carefully grabbed Todoroki's arms and ever so carefully positioned them.

"His arms feel like they are on fire right now. He will hurt less if his arms aren't touching anything when you've got cuts this bad, they really do hurt, even if you're not touching them, they hurt."

I wonder how Sero knows that. But I'm so grateful he's here with us now.

"Okay. We have to find recovery girl. Now."

"How? It's almost 2 am everyone is asleep."

"That one time me and Kacchan got in a fight a little robot saw us out of our dorms and contacted Aizawa."

"Then we've got to find one. Where were you guys fighting?"

"Grounds B. You know that place where we first did the 'Hero vs. Villains' training. But that's way too far away. We need them now."

"I can watch him. Set him down, and you run as fast as you possibly can to recovery girl's office. She's always there, she uses one of those beds for herself."

I don't want to leave Todoroki.
It's not like I don't trust Sero, I do.
But I'm just so worried about him.

"Stop overthinking this Midoriya! You have to go NOW!"

"Okay, just," Sero came behind me and wrapped his arms around Todoroki's stomach, slowly pulled him down and gently laid him on the ground.

At once I took off down the stairs.

–––
I finally arrived at recovery girl's office.
I was greeted by a very sleepy and angry Aizawa at UA's door, but I told him the situation and he quickly understood.
He gave me the keys to her office.
I opened the door and rushed in.
I quickly ran over to the second bed, and I rocked her shoulders.

"Goodness me..why are you.."
She took a small glimpse at me and sat up when she saw my bloodshot eyes.

"It's Todoroki. He's losing blood. Fast. I need to help him now. Please."

"Yes, Okay, let us go."

––––
We are back in recovery girl's office.
Todoroki is laying in the hospital bed.
He's asleep, he's okay.
Recovery girl wouldn't let me talk until Todoroki was healing.

"Now," She started to type on her computer. "How did this happen to him?"

"I.." I felt a huge lump in my throat form. "You know about my dreaming quirk. I had some dreams of his arms bleeding, but I saw his arms later, and I didn't see anything on them."
I paused while she started to type.
"..So I assumed it was a fluke, so I ignored it. Then tonight I had a horrible dream. I was in his room, and he tried.."
She stopped typing.
"..He tried to hang himself, and his arms where bleeding so bad..."

My eyes started to brim with tears.

"...I-I immediately woke up after that, I didn't think about anything else, I got up and ran to his dorm as fast as I could. He gave me a spare of his keys, so I got in his room."

The tears started to fall.

"T-then he saw me at the door, he was standing on the chair and his exact words were, 'I'm sorry that it came to this. Just remember my very last thought was you.'"
I'm hoping she doesn't ask about that last part.

"Do you know what he meant by that?
The 'my last thought was you.' Part."

I guess there's no point in lying now that we are this far.

"We, we are...I'm his boyfriend. But please..don't tell any of the staff yet.."

"Don't worry. I'll keep your secret."
She gave me a small reassuring smile.
"Okay, what happened after that?"

"He jumped off the chair, and I ran over and got his legs on my shoulders so he wouldn't choke. Then I yelled because I didn't know how I was gonna get him down. Then Sero came and said he heard a crash and a scream and he wanted to know if Todoroki was okay. Then he saw him and he helped me get him down. I wouldn't have been able to save him without Sero."

"Mhm."

"Then Sero took him off my shoulders and told me to run as fast as I could to get you. And that's what I did."

"Did you find anything there? A note perhaps?"

I had slipped the note in my pocket earlier, I have it now.

"No, I didn't."

"Okay. Thank you for telling me."