Chapter 14

(Hannah's p.o.v)

Once my mom said that seven houses were sold on my street. I immediately started thinking, could it be those guys I bumped into at Hawaii? No, it can't be them. What if it is them? I got interrupted by my mom, "Hannah, I invited the seven families over for dinner tonight!" My mom yelled from downstairs. My eyes widened and I thought, well this is going to be awkward if it is the Hawaii guys. I got off my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. Ew. "I look horrible" I said to myself. I changed into a black and white 5 Seconds of Summer shirt with white shorts. I braided my hair and put a black Galaxy SnapBack backwards. I grabbed my backpack and my galaxy penny board. I decided to meet Katie and Brooke at the park.

••••

"Hey! I missed you guys so much!" I hugged Katie and Brooke. "We did too! It's nice to see you again!" Katie smiled. "I want Starbucks!" Brooke yelled. Classic Brooke. We all laughed and decided to go to the Starbucks across the street. Once we got our drinks, we walked back to the park. "I'm so glad it's summer!" Katie said as we sat down at a picnic table. Brooke and I nodded. I looked around the park and saw someone I didn't want to see. Chandler. He was with a girl holding hands. I rolled my eyes and noticed the girl was Elizabeth, one of my best friends.

••••

"Mom! What should I wear for dinner tonight?!" I yelled from my room. "Just wear what you're wearing right now! Come on and help me set up! They'll be here any minute now!" She yelled back. I walked to the backyard. Yes, we're having a cookout. I still had my penny board in my hand. I was just standing by my pool watching my mom set a table up. I know, I'm so helpful.

The families just arrived so my mom went to open the door. The parents came outside first. Then the children. Once I saw who the kids were I dropped my penny board which landed on my feet causing me to jump back and almost falling into the pool. Smooth Hannah Smooth. I closed my eyes and whispered "ow."

"I didn't expect to see you guys again," I said surprised. Yes, it's the guys from Hawaii. "You guys know each other?" All of our parents asked at the same time. I nodded including the boys.