He Was Once My Everything: Chapter 3

Hey guys, next chapter is up! Please comment and let me know if you guys like it :)

Chapter 3:

"Life changes, dramatically. It's so condescending, hmm hmm hmm hmm," I sang the words and then hummed the part I didn't know while I straightened my hair. Blake was picking me up for lunch and then we were going to the beach. I argued with myself inside that it was stupid to straighten my hair when I was going swimming, but I wanted to look nice for lunch.

"Oh hmm hmm," I mumbled, "Ow!" I cried as I burnt myself.

"Damn straightener," I muttered.

"What's your problem?" Blake chuckled as he walked in my room, collapsing on my sofa.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Almost ready?" he asked. I watched through the mirror as he picked up an old Lucky Magazine and flipped through it.

"You're not turning gay on me, are you?" I said, laughing at him.

He playfully glared at me and then chucked it on the bed.

"You need to learn to be nice to me. I'm insecure," he fake sniffed.

I laughed as I grabbed my packed beach bag.

"Common you Queer, let's go," I replied.

He followed me out and down the stairs. When we got to the car he held the door open for me, like the perfect gentleman he is.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at him as I got in his car. I laughed loudly as he slid across the hood of his car and then proceeded to hop over the door into his seat.

"Show off."

"Hey," he said, giving me a look, "It's not as easy as it looks."

I leaned my head back in the seat, trying to enjoy the last few carefree days we have together. Because soon we're heading off to college and then it's not all fun and games.

"Your ridiculous," I joked. He chuckled to himself and playfully punched me in the leg.

My stomach was growling by the time we pulled up into my favorite little diner. We climbed out of the car and headed inside. Me, I was checking him out the whole time. Blake looked hot as always with his dark messy hair and tan skin. He was wearing his black and white swim trunks, and had a white O'Neil t-shirt on. I loved that boy so much.

"Lets eat as quickly as we can so we can have lots of time at the beach," he suggested, staring at the menu after we were seated.

"Sounds good, I just want a burger and fries."

"Same here."

We ordered our food and ate quickly before we split. Of course we paid first. But not that much later we were on route to our favorite beach. Oh how I loved California.

"We need to find a good day to get the boards out and go surfing," I said, slipping my aviator shades off my head and onto my face to block the bright sun.

"Definitely," Blake replied, turning into the parking lot, "We haven't surfed in a while."

We grabbed our bags and towels and headed to the shore. I smiled as my toes hit the warm sand.

"There's too many people here," Blake said, frowning.

"Yeah," I squinted my eyes, looking around at the tourist filled beach, "That's okay though. Let's get in the water."

Blake agreed and pulled off his shirt. I gawked at him as I removed my strapless sundress, revealing my yellow bikini under it. Blake grinned as his eyes roamed my body, and I reached up to tighten my bikini and tie it in a knot.