22b. Wednesday: Working Out (Emery)

Hey everyone! Sorry for this chapter being a few days late. 

Quick heads up this chapter deals with sexual harassment. Some of my books have briefly discussed the extremes of sexual assault. However, in this book I am talking about (and starting a whole plot line) about sexual harassment, especially the type of harassment people brush off as "not that bad." 

This may be a spoiler, but the incident that occurs in this chapter is a male character grabbing Emery's ass. 

(this action after diligent research is legally considered Sexual Harassment, not Sexual Assult. I, however, consider it assault, in fact it doesn't even matter what you call it, it's inappropriate and awful. But to follow the definition of its harassment. I'm pretty sure. Let me know what you guys think it falls under?)

March 8 2019: Jeremy's name changed to Alex

I kept pedaling, watching the numbers raise higher and higher on the machines. With every pedal I saw my distance of travel increase; my weight decrease.

The workout room was open as usual, and luckily no one was there.

While the work out room is near the boys' locker room, even sharing a wall, the athletes never walk this way.

And I asked around to make sure no one was using the room today. I was in my solitude. I've dreamed of being back at a gym, able to rid my fat with kept passion. I didn't feel restrained here like I am at home. I was alone, so no one was there to tease me. I had access to ample time and effective machines to burn calories.

This was indeed my ideal afternoon.

I had been peddling for a while when I noticed the time on the digital clock6:21.

An abundance of voices burst in the room behind me.

Scared they would hear my labored breaths and the pedals, I paused, keeping silent until they left. I knew it was the team coming to change after the practice, so I wasn't surprised to hear their arrogant comments.

"Yo, Levi" I heard James tease. "How was your kiss will Millie?"

"Ya," a few boys echoed. I heard lockers open and shut and the sound of a shower was running.

"It was pretty good," Levi's voice was slightly optimistic. Not happy optimistic, just pleased.

"Damn right," James blurted back. "She has good tits, right?"

In return, there was a half scoff, half yeah. "I suppose,"

"Look at my baby Vice," James cooed in a babyish tone. "All grown up."

I couldn't figure out who was Vice; the name didn't ring a bell.

My question was answered, "Dude, don't call me Vice."

I tried to figure out why Levi's nickname would be Vice.

"Ya James," jeered Blake. "Last time I checked Levi is your president. Your captain."

I liked the tone of Blake's voice, is jokeful but slightly condescending. He emphasized the superiority of Levi while mocking James' lower status.

Someone must have been shoved as Blake howled accompanied by a loud thud. I couldn't help but wince; the fall sounded painful. I think I heard things fall onto the floor. The boys cursed but then began laughing.

I tried to picture what was going on in there. Blake on the floor? Did somebody spray land on his head? Was there something embarrassing in the locker?