36. In that case, we definitely have to play it right?

Mulai dari awal

*

"Tommy and I have been secretly dating for a few months now. Our parents don't want their children dating someone one so different, to use their euphemism of choice", Sierra said. 

"My mom's up in my relationships too, you know Hiram Lodge?", Hermione asked. "Uh yes, dude is ripped", Fred gasped. "And a petty criminal", Penelope added. 

"He's a self-starter who provides for his family. To my mom, he's a srub That's the way to American Dream, mija. She cleans hotel rooms in that stupid Five Seasons, 16 hours a day. Hiram's got the right idea, get us out of Riverdale, no matter what we have to do", Hermione said. 

"Yeah, except Riverdale's not the problem. Me? I wanna stay here my whole life", Fred said. "That how long it'll take you to decided between music or baseball?", Alice chuckled. 

"Our minor league is solid and we're close enough to the city to play music gigs. This town's got it all. Could even run for mayor one day", Fred smiled. "Ugh, nightmare job. Why not shoot for something bigger? You can do all those things in a real metropolis", Sierra added. 

"Except look after my dad, he's sick, really sick. And he took care of me my whole life, so, now it's my turn", Fred said. 

"I get you, Fred, I wanna look after my mom too. I wanna go to college and become a lawyer so I can help her out of this mess she is in with the drugs and all. I also wanna help the Serpents and let them work for me and I wanna get the guy behind bars that raped me that one night. If I have a daughter one day I want to be there for her and never let anyone hurt her not like my mom did", I explained as the room fell silent. My rape last year went around school almost everyone knew about it but no one even asked how I was with it. 

"Alice you're up", FP said, "What's your deepest, darkest secret?".

"Let's skip her", I said trying to save my best friend. "Tell them about the time you lit a dumpster on fire on the Southside", FP said. 

"Why don't you tell them that you actually live in Sunnyside Trailer Park next to Penny?", Alice asked. "I thought you lived on Elm Street", Penelope gasped. 

"Yeah, of course, because it's what Forsythe want you to believe. You parade around the school in your varsity jacket like a Northsider, don't kid yourself. You'll never escape the Southside, you're gonna end up just like your dad. Drowning six-packs in your double-wide", Alice snapped. 

"Maybe, but I'm not gonna hit my kid, not like my old man hits me", FP said having us all in silence again. 

"Okay, I guess that just leaves me. Fair is fair, The Blossoms, they're terrible people", Penelope sighed. "But, Penelope you're a Blossom", Hermione said. 

"No, I'm not. Not really. I grew up at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy orphanage". "Oh my God, Penelope. That place has, like, violated every humanitarian code", Sierra gasped. 

"When I was eight, the Blossom's came and asked to see all the red-headed children. The next thing I knew I was leaving with them. I was so excited, I very quickly realized this was not an altruistic adoption. I was being groomed. To first be Clifford's sister and eventually his life companion. Every second away from that house, even today is a relief", Penelope explained a tear rolling down her cheek. 

"Why are you still living there?", Hermione asked. "They're my family", "That's not family, it's basically incest, it's disgusting".

"At least I'm not cleaning people's toilets like your mom", Penelope fired back. "Well, at least she has class. She's not stealing child brides out of orphanages", Hermione said before Penelope lunged at her.