27. You're just like me Lou

Lou's POV

Today was Midge's funeral, after her death and well after I was stitched up I returned home. I couldn't sleep that well, seeing the Black Hood running after me in my dreams. 

I felt like Midge's death was my fault, why didn't he kill me he had the opportunity to do so but he didn't. If he'd killed me, Midge could still be alive and doing all the things she wanted to. 

"Are you ready?", Sweet Pea asked standing in my doorway, dressed in a tuxedo. "Yes, almost", I mumbled and clasped his necklace around my neck. 

Cheryl made us all wear our black Vixen uniform to give our sister one last honor before they would lower her in the ground. "I can't believe she's gone", I mumbled feeling that ache in my heart again. 

"Don't blame yourself, princess. You couldn't do anything", Sweet Pea told me and stepped forward. "Yes, I could have. If I'd just turned around faster or noticed it immediately, maybe we both could have taken him down or if he'd just kill me then Midge would be alive", I whispered feeling the tears forming in my eyes again. 

"No, don't say that. He wasn't interested in you, all he wanted was Midge's death, nothing more", my boyfriend said before he put me in his arms and hugged me tightly. 

*

At the funeral, Cheryl and I stood up in front of the Vixens, if you didn't know. Cheryl announced me pre-captain of the Vixens after I returned again. 

She was singing a sweet song that made me cry again, the Vixens behind us held their black pompoms tightly as we all stood there in matching uniform. I glanced over at Sweet Pea who was sending me a slight smile that calmed me down. 

Midge's mum, Misses Klump was crying so badly it made me feel even worse. Reggie looked at me, sending me a weak smile, for some reason he seemed worried when he heard about the Black Hood hitting me unconsciousness.

"We also feel it is our duty to say that like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who pursue blood atonement when a crime's been committed", Cheryl said. "The Vixens and we vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister is rightly punished", I ended for her. 

After the ceremony, Cheryl and I went and talked to Misses Klump for a second to calm her nerves a little. Sweet Pea and Fangs and Toni already took off because they barely had anything to do with the people here.

They went to Toni's trailer to warm up and to take the rest of the day slow. 

Cheryl and I walked Misses Klump to her car as the Sheriff approached us, "Misses Klump, I wanted you to know the department is working-", but Misses Klump cut him off by slapping him across his face. 

"You were supposed to be protecting our children, you should be ashamed of yourself", Misses Klump spat in his face. 

"Your days of failing this town over and over again, are numbered, Sheriff", Cheryl added hissing at the man. 

The Sheriff looked really sad, he didn't deserve this. I know he treated the Serpents like they were garbage but that changed and he really was trying to protect us but who would have thought that a girl would be murdered at a school play by a killer who is supposed to be dead. 

"She didn't mean it like that, they're just sad about Midge but there wasn't anything you could do about this happening", I said to the Sheriff. 

"Thank you, Lou. I am sorry, I wasn't able to protect both of you", the man admitted. "It's okay, Sheriff. You couldn't know", I smiled and turned around to walk with my brother and his best friends since they were all going to Pop's and a hot Pop's chocolate sounded just right.