Chapter 22

Jennie was starting to think she might make a good carpenter. She was, after all, getting so familiar with wood grain, having spent so much time standing in front of various doors of Jisoo's for way too long. Of course, this was technically her own door in her own house, but Jisoo was still behind it.

She hadn't intended to stand outside Jisoo's room. Her stiff body had needed forcing, but she had intended to go to bed, to lie on her back and stare at the ceiling and wonder what the hell she was going to do with herself. She'd been so damn close to running after Jisoo and grabbing her, making them face whatever it was that was now going on between them. But then her phone had vibrated off the coffee table and she'd instinctively picked it up. The name 'Jongin' had flashed out at her from the dynamic screen on the back and her whole body had gone wired.

Could she do anything to make this better? When did her life get so fucking complicated? How could she even think of starting a relationship when she had so many distractions in her life? It was crazy!

And, yet, Jennie couldn't pass Jisoo's door. She was rooted to the spot outside, her breathing uneven and her hand half-raised, ready to push the handle down and go in. Her insides were tormented. Her outsides were tormented. She was in turmoil. So what now?

It was like lightning to her brain, a quick zap that burned its way through and left her stunned and aching. On auto-pilot, finally in the control of her deep inner Jennie, the one that secretly wanted to go skinny dipping, she opened the door to Jisoo's room and stepped inside. Closing it with a soft click behind her, she let her eyes adjust to the subtle moonlight filtering through the curtains.

"Jennie," she heard Jisoo's soft whisper from the bed, although it came to her like it was making its way through water. "Is everything okay?"

She could see the outline of Jisoo propping itself up on her elbows. Taking a short breath, Jennie moved over to the edge of the bed and knelt on it.

"Jennie? What's wrong?" Jisoo's voice had an edge to it now, one that was urgent. But the low vibrations of her voice travelled all the way down Jennie's body and any panic in it was lost in the sheer melody of the sound.

Jennie groaned softly and leaned in, planting her lips firmly on Jisoo's and feeling their softness against her own. The world came into sharp focus: everything was now pinpointed on the beautiful girl beneath her.

The kiss was gentle but unyielding. Their lips moved again and again, barely parting but touching enough to ignite fires everywhere. Jennie brought her hands up to tangle in brown locks and pulled back slightly.

Jisoo was panting short shallow breaths in front of her. Her eyes had a hint of question in them, but Jennie could see that they were dark with arousal, hot, fervent arousal that was purely for Jennie.

It was enough to spur the Jennie on and any thoughts of perhaps stopping went out the window. She moved so that she was straddling Jisoo's knees and then pulled those luscious goddess's lips back to her own.

This time the kiss was urgent and impassioned. It was calculated to inflame and arouse, and it did. Jennie ran her tongue lightly over first a top and then a bottom lip, begging entry.

Groaning audibly when she was granted it, she slid inside, finding her twin and tangling gently. Putting every possible erotic nuance she had into the kiss, Jennie slid one hand down to the small of Jisoo's back, pulling the brunette up so that they were chest to chest.

Jisoo's hands grasped at Jennie's back, holding herself up and deepening the kiss imperceptibly.

They kissed over and over, the room heating by degrees. Jennie's body was on fire, and if the moans and whimpers coming from Jisoo were anything to go by, so was the brunette's.