Chapter 20

And here comes another part of the story that we might have been wondering about.
____________________________________

        The door to Lusamine's office was thrown open a bit too forcefully but Gladion didn't care. Two days ago was when the transmission had come through and he was just now learning about it.

        "Why didn't you tell me? Why did you cut the transmission?" Gladion demanded as he walked into his mother's office. She wasn't even phased by his actions nor did she look up from her paperwork.

       "I'm protecting you. There's no way I'm letting you go off into ultraspace especially after what happened to this family," Lusamine said, finally looking up at him and putting down her pen.

         "That's my decision to make, not yours. (Y/n)'s life is on the line here!" Gladion said. He was clearly upset but Lusamine didn't seem to mind at all.

          "Who told you anyway? It must have been Lillie," Lusamine said as she stood up, her curiousity having gotten the best of her.

         "No, actually, it was me," Wicke said as she also entered the office with Lillie behind her.

       "I overheard your and Lillie's conversation. (Y/n) needs our help and I can't let her down. I know what it means for your family so I will take full responsibility if anything happens to Master Gladion," Wicke said. Lusamine wasn't surprised at all.

          "You aren't going. I mean that. Her life is not more important than your own. I know that sounds cruel but I can't allow this family to deteriorate any further. I am your mother. I will do everything in my power to protect you even if you don't agree," Lusamine said as she walked towards them.

        "(Y/n)'s life may not be as valuable as mine in your eyes but it is in mine and I won't let her die. I'm leaving, right now, and you aren't going to stop me," Gladion said as he turned to leave.

         Just as he did, Lusamine pulled a remote from her pocket and pressed a button that locked down the entire mansion. There was no escaping it unless she unlocked it. Gladion was sure that this feature wasn't present earlier and he looked back at his mother in shock.

       "Like that new feature? I had it installed while you away training. You missed a lot of things while you were gone. You barely know your sister so of course you don't know me," Lusamine said as she went back to her seat at her desk.

            "What are you talking about. What does any of that have to do with me saving (y/n)?" Gladion said, truly not understanding where his mother was going with this.

       "Did you know that Lillie and Sun are dating? Did you know that I've been planning to create another island specifically for (y/n)'s research? Do you even know what she's researching? How dangerous it is? Did you know that she planned on leaving to study in Ultra Megalopolis?"

         "She thinks that taking Necrozma, well Neroza, back to its original world will help its psychic power increase. She wanted to tell you but you weren't here. How do you even know she's the same person? I'm sure you've changed while you were off training so what makes you think that (y/n) didn't?" Lusamine said.

        Gladion was speechless. He really didn't know any of the things his mother had told him and now he would have to keep an eye on Sun.

         "Master Gladion still loves (y/n). That doesn't change anything," Wicke said. Gladion was baffled at how many people knew of his feelings towards (y/n) but he was past that now.

        "Let him go. He won't stop trying to get there until you do," Lillie said as she looked at her mother hopefully.

       "And what will you do if things don't go as you plan. What if she isn't there or worse?" Lusamine said.

         "Those aren't options. I'm bringing her back with me," Gladion stated. He was determined not to fail no matter what. Lusamine sighed and shook her head.

           "You can go...but you have to promise me that if she isn't there, if you can't find her, you'll return home and stop searching. I can't let you do that forever. You'll have to move on," Lusamine said. Gladion didn't believe that he'd fail. Failure was not an option.

        "I promise that I'll stop searching when I get back. (Y/n) will be here anyway," Gladion said with a nod. Lusamine nodded as well and unlocked the mansion. Gladion didn't hesitate to leave, heading strait to the Alter of the Moon where Lunala was waiting for him. Lillie and Wicke came along as well. Lunala was already preparing for ultraspace travel and let Gladion on as sokn as he got near.

         "I've found the coordinates for Moon's dimension. We should be able to head strait there," Lunala said through telepathy.

        Gladion nodded and just like that, they were off. Not once did Gladion think of anything bad that could happen to him or (y/n). It took shorter than expected to make it there and their arrival startled quite a few people. Gladion himself was surprised to fin so many people gathered around what seemed to now be the alter of the sun. He spotted Hau and Lillie's familiar faces but not (y/n)'s.

        "Gladion? Is that you?" Lillie said in surprised and maybe a bit of relief. She seemed to want to walk to him but Hai stopped her.

        "No, that's not him. Well, it is...but it isn't. He must be from (y/n)'s dimension. Our Lunala has long since been lost," Hau said in a sad tone.

          "Do you know where (y/n) is?" Gladion said once he realized that Hau had mentioned her. Everyone was oddly silent. Gladion didn't particularly liks that silence either.

       "She's gone actually. We were supposed to send her home but Necrozma had other plans and mad a run for it before we could get an ultra wormhole open for her. We didn't sweat it too much since we were still able to partially create them in our lab but...it failed. (Y/n) disappeared in the aftermath of the explosion. We don't know where she is...I'm sorry," Hau explained.

          Gladion just sat there with Lunala, both of them in disbelief. He was too late. If he had been able to come two days earlier, he could have saved her.

       "She could have still made it...there has to ne a chance," Gladion said, rejecting the information he had juat been given.

          "I'll get us back as quick as possible. Hold on," Lunala telepathically said. No one said anything as he left and he didn't expect them to. They believed that (y/n) was gone but he didn't and he wouldn't. She would be there at the alter of the moon waiting for him when he and Lunala got back. When he did get there, he was disappointed to find his mother standing with Lillie and Wicke.

         Their hopeful expressions disappearing when Gladion dropped to his knees in despair. His mother came to him but he didn't want to be anywhere near her. It was her fault in the first place. Lusamine tried pulling him into a hug once she'd sat in front of him but he refused to let her pull him towards her.

         Despite that, Lusamine did not give up and Gladion eventually had to give in and allow his mother to hug him. He couldn't hold in his emotions any longer and so he cried.
____________________________________

I have an explanation, I promise. Until next time you amazing readers!