Hazel

I woke up early. I wanted everything to be perfect.

I knew it wouldn't be, nothing ever is, but I wanted my first day of high school to be.... well good. Honestly, I was kinda super nervous. I had just moved here over the summer, I was living with my dad now, and my brother Nico.

We only shared a dad. But I hated when people said half brother or half sister. He didn't feel like he was only half my brother. He just felt like my brother.

I pulled on a gold sequence tang top with thick straps with a black skirt. I moved to the mirror and tried to tame my curls. Not much success but that was okay, they weren't bad. Actually, most of the time I loved my hair. It was in naturally golden brown curls. Well, the golden part actually faded n the winter when I saw less sun and turned to a darker brown.

I smiled slightly at my reflection. I put on the tiniest bit of make up before going downstairs to make breakfast for me Nico and Dad.

Nico, I'm pretty sure, only woke up because he smelled bacon.

" Thanks sis." Nico said, sitting down and eating an egg and a piece of bacon. Nico never ate too much, and I tried not to bother him about it a lot. Although, occasionally, more like often, I would slide extra onto his plate. But today I let it slide and told him to go get dressed.

Nico laughed at me. " Alright mom."

Dad came down while Nico was upstairs showering and changing. I had been smart and taken a shower last night so my hair wouldn't be wet.

Nico's was shaggy, but still short enough that it would be dry before school. My hair, on the other hand, soaked up water like a sponge and took forever to dry.

Dad ate two eggs and three pieces of bacon before getting a call and saying he had to go and wished me luck. I smiled and told him to have a good day. He left and I let out a sigh. I was still getting used to living with him and not mom. After he died Dad contacted me. He said he had always wanted to see me, but mother would never let him.

Nico had welcomed me with open arms and for that I was forever grateful.

About half way through the summer I had met Katie. She introduced me to Annabeth, then Piper, Calypso,Clarrisse, and Thalia. Suddenly I had a whole group of friends. Actually, they were all older then me, but I took advanced classes so I would be graduating the same time as Clarrisse, Annabeth, Katie, Piper, and Calypso. Thalia was a Senior this year.

In my old school district, there were four years of junior high and three years of High school, which meant that I was a Sophomore here, but would be taking classes with all the juniors.

Nico was in my year too. So I wouldn't be alone. I had friends. I just hoped I had classes with them.

Nico came down and we drove to school in his black truck.

I was actually surprised when he came down, yes, black shirt and his aviator jacket even though it was like 100 degrees bus he was wearing dark blue jeans instead of black.

We made it to school and I saw my friends so I hugged Nico and told him I would see him at lunch if he wasn't in any of my classes.

Nico smiled and nodded before going to see Percy, Leo, Frank, and Jason. Some of his friends.

I walked over to mt friends and sat down next to Annabeth on the stone stairs leading up to the school. I played with y hands while absentmindedly nodding to whatever they were saying. I was so nervous.

Suddenly, two hands clapped right in front of my face and I jumped. I looked over at Clarrisse, who had done it and frowned.

" What was that for?" I asked.

" Blondie asked you a question." Clarrisse said.

Annabeth scowled. " Don't call me that." She said to Clarrisse before turning to me.

" Nervous?" Annabeth asked.

I nodded sheepishly.

" Don't be." She said. " You'll be fine, just learn how to ignore the idiots."

I nodded and gave a small smile.

" Cute outfit by the way." Piper said.

I gave a real smile then. " Thanks."

Soon, the bell rang and we walked into school. We had been given our locker numbers a week before through Email and our combinations, our schedules were inside our lockers.

I made my way to the locker, it was eight away from pipers and Annabeth's was two down from hers.

I didn't know where the other girls's were yet.

I twisted the combination in twice to no avail, The locker refused to open. Finally, I hit the locker in frustration. The boy next to me looked over. He was cute, really cute. I blushed and looked down.

" You need help?"

I looked back up at him and nodded. " If you don't mind."

" It's cool." He said. " I had this locker last year it's literally the worst."

He put in the combo, already knowing it from last year, and then twisting it again to the left until he hit the number 42.

I looked up at him. " How did you learn to do that?"

" Accident." He said. " Found our about it about two months before we were out for summer break. Before that I just pulled really hard until it opened."

I smiled and thanked him before getting my schedule.

History first. I moved over to see if Annabeth or Piper had it, but Piper had Science and Annabeth had Greek. 

Apparently the kid who helped me heard us talking.

" I can walk with you if you want." He said.

I smiled. " Sure. Thanks."

He smiled and stuck out his hand. " I'm Frank by the way."

" Hazel." I said taking his hand.

He smiled and we walked to class. By the time we got there there were only two seats left, that were right next to each other.

I felt a flutter in my stomach as we sat next to each other.