Annabeth

It was the last day before school started and I was spending the day with Thalia, Hazel, Clarisse, Reyna, Calypso, Katie, and Piper.

I got out of bed and put on a white floral tang top with grey and blue flowers all over it and black shorts with white converse. I grabbed my brown backpack and headed out, grabbing my car keys and waving goodbye to my dad and Helen. Both of my brothers were already outside.

Helen wasn't my mother, but she wasn't as horrible as she used to seem. She resented me less, now, I think. Either way we weren't close, but things were better.

I pulled into Thalia's driveway and got out. Seeing Hazel walk up I went to join her. " I could've picked you up." I told her.

Hazel smiled at me. " My house is just a block away you know that."

" Still." I said. " It's hot and I have air conditioning."

Hazel laughed and we went inside. Thalia, Clarisse, Reyna,and Calypso were already there.

The whole time we were waiting for everybody else to show up she was bouncing off the walls. Finally as Piper and Katie walked through the door Hazel screached, " I have a crush!" 

Piper and Katie squealed and I smiled up at Hazel. " So that's why you've been so energized."

Hazel smiled sheepishly. " Its a guy I saw when we were getting ice cream the other day. I've bumped into him a few times. I think he's a friend of Nico's."

Piper squealed again. " How cute."

I looked over at Piper and raised my eyebrows. She was a pretty big tomboy, but she was a big romantic at heart.

" Jason!" I heard a voice call.

Thalia looked up. " He's not here kelp head."

A guy with raven black hair walked in. He was tall, I noticed. Maybe around 5'9 or 5'10.

" Where's he go?" The boy asked Thalia.

" He went out to get something I don't know." Thalia said. " Go away I'm busy."

" Gee cuz see how nice you are." The boy threw an envelope at Thalia. " Give this too him when you see him."

Thalia caught the envelope with ease and scowled. " I'm not either if your maids."

" It's a late birthday present. Or an early Christmas present." He shrugged. " It's just a president could you give it to him before next Saturday please?"

Thalia scowled again. " Only because I'm feeling generous today."

The boy smiled. " Thanks Thals."

He turned his attention to me before Thalia could yell at him. " Bye." He smiled.

Rachel looked over at me.

I turned to her. " What?"

" You were so staring."

" I was not." I replied back blushing.

Piper looked over. " You definitely were."

" So what's in the envelope?" I asked Thalia trying to change the subject.

" Subtle." Reyna said as Thalia opened the envelope. I just glared at her.

Thalia tipped the envelope over and two tickets fell out. They were to see Wicked at Flea theater.

" How sweet!" Piper cooed.

Clarisse scoffed and I broke in before Piper could turn around.

" So what's he like? What's his name?" I asked.

Piper turned to me and smiled evilly. " I knew you liked him."

" I've never even talked to him!" I said exasperated.