Thalia

I woke up to the sound of my phone playing Rock N Roll by Avril Lavigne. 

I groaned and turned in my bed. The song was my alarm, I was supposed to get up to go to school. But, I really didn't wan't to. 

What can I say, three months of staying up late and waking up early made it a little hard to wake up at six. Especially when it was only for school.  

Unfortunately, my brother, being the goody two shoes that he is, decided to come wake me up. 

" THALIA!" I heard Jason called running up the stairs. Of course, he was just now getting back from his morning run. Which he did all summer. Now, don't get me wrong, physical activity is great, just not at five in the morning, which is when Jason gets up to run. 

Jason opened my door and practically yelled " Thalia it's time to get up!" 

In response, I groaned and threw my pillow at him. 

Jason dragged me out of bed and I finally got ready. 

I pulled on a usual outfit, a black short sleeve shirt, which you could see through in parts, blue jeans with holes in them, and black combat boots. As the final touch I put on my mahogany leather jacket instead of a normal black one. That was pretty much like my version of a dress jacket. 

I looked in the mirror quickly before going downstairs. My hair was messy but that couldn't be fixed, I'd tried in the past. I had had blue streaks in it since I was about twelve and I kept redyeing it, loving the way it looked. My hair was short, and kinda naturally a bit spiky. 

I put on some kohl as eyeliner, and gave my lips a slightly darker color, but it really didn't make that much of a difference. 

I walked downstairs and made my signature breakfast. A fried egg on a bagel with peanut butter on it. I ate it like it was a sandwich. 

I loved it. 

Every one else I knew thought it was gross. 

I eventually made it to school and had a little chat with Percy about the ' blonde' I was hanging out with yesterday. 

Then, I made it to Math, my first period. Also known as ' Math, the scum of the Earth'. 

I found a seat next to a girl with black hair pulled back in a braid. She had an olive skin tone and was wearing a dark purple shirt with black jeans. She was pretty. 

The bell rang and Mrs. Cascade walked into the room. 

" Hello students." Mrs. Cascade said. " Because today is the first day I won't bore you with math. Instead we'll be introducing ourselves to the class and telling two facts about ourselves. 

Personally, I thought the whole thing was stupid. Most of the people here already knew each other, we were juniors, and the new people wouldn't be new forever. They would find friends. 

Regardless, when it came my turn I said my name. 

"Thalia Grace and I do wrestling and kickboxing." 

Mrs. Cascade smiled but paused. " Those are two very similar sports." She said. " I am going to consider that one fact. Please say another." 

Of course, me being me. I protested. Especially because she was wrong. 

" There completely different." I said. " You can't punch or kick in wrestling." 

Mrs. Cascade scowled at me. " I won't have that attitude. Please share another fact. It shouldn't be that hard." 

I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to hide it. " I have blue streaks in my hair." 

Mrs. Cascade's scowl deepened but she moved on. 

The girl next to me spoke. " Reyna Avila Ramirez- Arelleno. I do fencing and just moved here from San Antonio." 

The class moved on to the other people that I had known since the fith grade when my family had moved here. 

The girl, Reyna moved closer to me for a second. " You were right. They are different." She said, before leaning away again. 

I stared ahead, not acknowledging her except for a slight, quick look out of the corned=r of my eyes, and a very small smile that I tried to hide. 

And although I tried my hardest to fight it, I also felt a small flutter in my toes, leading up to my heart.