Todd's blue eyes were glued to me. "I really fucked up that night, didn't I? I should've just let you come around on your own, but what can I say? I was horny, and you were so damn uptight. You barely let me makeout with you. When you told me about your dad's beatings and how he traded your body to pay those men, I knew you would never loosen up enough to give yourself to me. I love you, Lilly. I did then, and I do now. I always thought you and I would end up together. I still want you. Will you come back to me?"

My mouth opened, but no words came out. Todd just outed one of my deepest and darkest secrets to everyone. All eyes were on me, judging me.

Eli's hand slid around my shoulders as he gently guided my trembling body into his chest. I pushed down the need to run away. Todd had no right, but now I knew this virus passed on the truth serum effect as well.

Yes. I was the girl who'd been repeatedly abused, but I was moving forward with life. That wasn't me anymore.

"Lilly? Didn't you hear me? I said I'm sorry." Todd repeated.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Eli yelled at Todd. "You just couldn't let it go, could you? You say you still love her, but you fucking drugged her and abandoned her. I was a stranger, fuckface. I could've raped her that night. Then you made Lilly believe it was all her fault. You make me fucking sick."

Nico and Jasmine were listening, but they kept quiet. Nico caught my gaze and quirked his head to the side as he pressed his lips together. Was that a gesture of pity or support? I couldn't tell.

Todd hopped to his feet as his face filled with rage. "Lilly always wanted me. We were together for a long time. She loved me, and I was good to her. I deserved some kick back."

Is that what Todd really thought?

This whole virus was straight up cray cray. Dead people decorated the surrounding field while Todd was ranting about our history and how I never had sex with him. This was the shittiest end of the world ever.

Eli released me, and he seemed to grow in stature as he squared his shoulders toward Todd.

Wrapping my arms around my waist, I tried very hard to stand still. Everything inside was screaming for me to run.

"She was my girlfriend, and you stole her from me. You still haven't gotten any from Lilly yet, have you? Well, good luck with that, asshole. You ain't getting a damn drop. That girl is dry as the fucking desert, but I'm willing to wait. I still love her." Todd's voice was confident and sure. His truth was so messed up and convoluted.

I couldn't believe Todd and I had been together for so long. I must've been utterly ignorant to the truth or desperate as hell. Because ew.

"Don't you ever talk about her like that! She's not a fucking toy, fuckface. She's been through a lot, and she's stronger for it. How fucking dare you!" Eli's jaw clenched, making him scary. In two swift steps, he cocked back his fist and punched Todd in the face.

Todd fell stiff as a board, hitting the ground like a brick. He didn't move to get up.

Nico let out a howl and bent over as he shook with laughter. "Holy shit. He's out cold."

Eli blew out a hard breath and spun back to me. "You want to take a walk?"

Without looking at anyone, I nodded.

Eli wrapped a hand around my shoulder, pulling me in for a hug.

My arms didn't unlatch from my waist. I wanted to fold into myself more. Everyone knew what kind of trash I really was.

"Keep an eye on him. That asshole is going to change. We'll be back soon." Eli's breath skimmed over my scalp before he pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Let's go."