Nico didn't look up. "Dude, hear me out. We make a bonfire and all Lilly has to do is sit at the bonfire and welcome the people who show. We need to mark the ones on Hype. I don't want to kill anyone who could survive this. I only want to kill the killers. After we're done, we need to burn all the bodies since we have no idea what type of contagion we're dealing with."

"I said no." Eli repeated angrily.

"Dude, I won't let them hurt—"

"I'll do it." I grabbed Eli's hand and faced him. "Let me help. I don't know if I can kill anyone, but I want to help if I can."

Eli narrowed his brow. "Are you sure?"

From the look on his face, I could tell I'd surprised him. I stood, wrapping my hands around his neck. "Yeah, I'm sure. You'll be close, right?"

Eli relaxed under my touch as his hands slid around my waist, tugging me close. "I'll be right by your side."

"My, my, aren't they going to make beautiful babies, Nicolas?" Miss Gina took a drink from her tea.

I stiffened. Babies?

Nico chuckled. "Yeah, I guess."

"Not now, Gramma." Eli pulled me in for a hug just before he whispered in my ear. "Don't worry. I'll never make you do anything you don't want to do."

Once again his words shocked me. What the hell had I told him? This was beginning to irritate me.

Leaning my head back, Eli watched me carefully. He probably thought I would run again, but after my episode in the woods, I'd made an important decision. I would never run from Eli again. He was my future. Whether my future lasted one hour or fifty years. Eli was the one I wanted by my side.

"You owe me an explanation later." I searched his face.

Eli's eyebrows raised as he realized my meaning. "You got it."

I gave Miss Gina a big hug. "Be safe and shoot anyone that tries to hurt you."

Miss Gina didn't release me when I tried to let go. "Lilly Flower, protect my Elijah. I love him so."

Was that a warning? She obviously knew something I didn't. I would frigging kill anyone that tried to hurt Eli.

"I promise I'll protect him with my life." I held her close. "Eli's my angel."

When she released me her eyes were glassy with tears as she patted my cheek. "Such a perfect child."

We all changed into clothes that covered our entire bodies. Nico was wearing full-on hunting gear. Eli would've done the same, but we needed to look like partiers.

"I need to grab spray paint." Eli ran into the barn.

"Spray paint?" I asked.

"To mark the people on Hype. You and Eli need to spray their backs, so I know who to shoot. I have a silencer, and hopefully, if they're high enough, everyone will think the people I kill just passed out or something. I need you to play it off that way." Nico raised his gun to look through the scope and pointed at something in the distance. "See that aluminum can over there?"

Searching, I finally spotted a tiny metallic glint in the distance. "Barely, but it's at least a football field away."

"Yep. Watch this." Nico took four quiet shots. The first shot shook the can's reflection, and the last three shots blew it to pieces.

Color me impressed. "That's incredible."

"Yeah, my dad taught me." Nico continued to look at the world through the scope.