I swallowed back the remaining tears as I pushed down the memory of the most horrible night of my life. The night my mother died.

Eli pulled my face closer to his. "Stay with me, Lil. Just remember you're strong enough. You've done this before."

Nodding, I backed away, glancing down at the gun in my hand. I could do this. Eli was right. I'd done it once before, and I could do it again.

"There's my girl." A grin teased at the corner of Eli's lips. "Let's go."

Taking Eli's hand, we left the cabin, locking the door.

Every engine was running and ready to go.

Nico leaned on the Charger. "I found the rope and I told them the party is off. They're pissed, but I don't give a shit."

"Good. Let's go." Eli opened the passenger door and sat down, pulling me into his lap.

It caught me off guard, but honestly, it was comforting having him so close.

Nico backed out and took off. "Make sure they're following."

I glanced back to see both cars on our tail. "Yep."

"We do this fast, Bro." Eli's thumb caressed my stomach, encouraging me to relax against him.

"So are you guys?" Nico pointed a finger between us.

"We always have been," Eli said as he hugged me closer.

"Fuck. Finally." Nico laughed. "I've been waiting for you to make a move, Dude. I had to threaten to take her to get you off your ass. You've been moody as hell for months."

"I don't know what the hell took us so long." Eli pressed a soft kiss to my cheek.

A silly grin crossed my face as hot shivers rushed through me. I knew it was my stupid assumptions that had kept us apart. Well, that, and I was scared to give my heart to someone like I had with my ex, but Eli was different from every other guy I'd known. Eli genuinely cared about me, and I knew it.

When we finally made it to the third car, we all got out.

Nico ran to check out the other car, but it looked empty and abandoned.

"Don't forget what we talked about," Eli whispered in my ear.

"I won't." I gave his hand a squeeze and held my gun out of sight.

Adam stalked passed us, holding the rope.

"Where is everyone?" Nico slammed the door and looked around.

"They're not far. They probably just got bored." Adam started tying the rope to the undercarriage.

A gut-wrenching screech caught our attention from the overgrown field. Eli and I searched the dark area for movement.

"Nico." Eli gestured for Nico to come over to us.

I tried to let go of Eli's hand to get my flashlight out, but he squeezed harder. "Eli, I need light."

Eli pulled up his flashlight and shined it into the field, searching for shadows.

"Can we tell Adam now?" My eyes widened.

"Adam, Hype ain't no joke when they crash, Dude. They get violent." Nico scoured the area for any movement.

"Dude, calm down, they've been screaming and yelling for the last few hours. No worries. They're just coming down." Adam said nonchalantly as he readjusted the rope.

A dark shadow with long hair darted through the flashlight's beam. She ran out of the field toward us.

"Adam, time to go." Nico pressed his back into Eli's side as the headlights revealed a curvy latino girl. She would've been gorgeous if it wasn't for her jet black eyeballs and the evil look on her face.

"Adam!" Eli hollered, but it was too late.

The girl pounced on Adam's back, crushing him to the ground. She grabbed his arm and bit down.

Adam screamed in agony.

Nico was at the girl's side in seconds, aiming the gun at her head. "Angie, stop!"

Angie didn't respond as she ripped and tore into Adam's arm just like Mohawk had done at the gas station. It was disgusting.

When she pulled a chunk of flesh from Adam's arm, Nico pulled the trigger. Angie hit the bumper face first on her way down to the dirt.

Adam jumped up, squeezing his arm. "You killed her."

"Yeah, Dumbass. Did you want her to kill you?" Nico snapped before moving back toward us. "Because when I said violent, I meant it."

"No, but you didn't have to kill her!" Adam yelled as he clenched his arm.

Cassie and her friends jogged up as more screeches came from the field.

"Angie?" Cassie ran to Angie's side and shook her violently. "Angie? Come on, wake up."

I tensed as more screams and screeching came from the field.

"You fucking killed her, you piece of shit!" Cassie yelled just as a screeching guy with dark hair tackled her.

"Shaun, get off her!" The silent guy from the barn yelled. "What the hell are you doing?"

Shaun didn't respond to his name before sinking his teeth into Cassie's throat.

Eli pulled me forward as he raised his gun, shooting Shaun in the head.

I fell to Cassie's side to try to save her, but I didn't know what to do. She stared up at me trying to speak, but blood gurgled out of her mouth instead of words. Then her eyes found the sky and stayed there, glazing over.

Eli picked me up as tears poured down my face.

"Nico. Car. Now!" Eli's words barely made it through my inner turmoil.

I didn't know Cassie, but she didn't deserve to die. None of us did.

**Please VOTE and COMMENT**

Thank you so much for reading!

💙 💙 💙 💙 💙 💙