Nico was on my heels.

"I don't get what the big deal is," Adam said from behind us.

Eli stopped, causing Nico to nearly mow me down. Nico's hand found my waist as he stopped.

Eli glanced at Nico with a scowl and whispered. "I can't believe you let this happen. You know what we have to do now, right?"

Shock covered Nico's face. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

Adam cleared his throat. "Jeremy's just fine. He's just a little messed up. I know how you guys have your rules and shit, but come on, give us a break. He likes to have a good time. The girls have been funny as shit. You should have seen them—"

"Shut up!" Nico's hand squeezed my waist as he yelled at the top of his lungs.

A shiver ran through me as I whispered. "They don't know?"

"We helped cause this mess, Lil," Eli whispered. "We're not trying to get killed. Adam's dad is a cop."

Releasing a hard breath, I closed my eyes. Why they weren't telling their friends was understandable, but it didn't change the fact we were about to be under attack.

"Can't they all just leave?" I whispered.

Nico and Eli exchanged a look. I hoped they would decide to kick them all out.

Nico smiled and turned around. "Ladies, didn't you say you had some liquor? I could really use some of that right about now. How about you go back to your car and pour me a shot while the guys and I find that rope?"

The girls laughed in relief as they headed back to their vehicle. Nico and the guys returned to the barn.

I glanced at Eli for an explanation.

Eli tugged me toward the cabin. "They're leaving. We need to be prepared for the others. They may be hungry enough to attack when we get out there to help."

Rushing to the cabin, we were relieved to find Miss Gina asleep in her room. Eli locked her door before shutting it.

Eli led me to our room and shut the door. Opening the closet, he moved his clothes aside, revealing a large safe installed inside the wall.

The contents of the safe blew my mind. They were set up for a fricking battle from hell. "Why exactly do you have all these guns?"

"A few are mine, but most of them belong to Nico's dad. He's not around anymore, but Nico doesn't trust his family, so he keeps a lot of his stuff here." Eli pulled out a small handgun, made sure it was loaded and held it out for me to take.

"I don't do guns." I backed up, shaking my head.

"It's only if we get separated. These things are fast and vicious, Lil. You need protection." Eli's gaze was serious as he grabbed my hand and placed the grip of the handgun against my palm. "Hold it firm. Don't point it at anything until you want to shoot and do not pull that trigger until you are ready to kill. You need to be sure before you pull the trigger, got it?"

I nodded, holding my breath. The gun was cold and heavy in my hand, urging an awful memory to rise to the surface.

Eli grabbed a large hunting knife and some ammunition before facing me. "You need to be strong like you were when your mom died."

At his words, my eyes met his. What the fuck? How did Eli know about my mother? I must've told him.

Instead of screaming at him, tears filled my eyes as my head fell.

"Hey, no time for that now," Eli grabbed my face in his hands. His silky brown eyes gazed into me. "We need to stay alive. I need you to be strong like you were that night, Lil. I can't lose you. Just remember the rage you felt. Use it."