Episode Three

The long line of people and bouncers had disappeared

The long line of people and bouncers had disappeared. Students were coming and going as they pleased now.

Eli walked to a deserted wall and leaned against it, propping a leg up. He let out a long breath before he started. "Johnny Cordova invited me to that party. I told him I wasn't going to show, but I was stuck at home with my gramma for spring break, so I said 'what the hell?' The party was boring for the first hour. I was actually about to bounce when this beautiful brunette walked in with her friends and boyfriend."

"Hold up." I put my hand up and pointed at myself. "Me?"

Eli rubbed his hands together and looked away, nodding. "I couldn't take my eyes off you. I felt like a creepy ass stalker and was jealous as hell of your shithead boyfriend. I overheard his friends making fun of him because he couldn't seal the deal, but then he joked that you were most definitely going to give it up since he put something in your drink. I think it was GHB or some shit."

What? Todd would've never done something like that. Would he? We never had sex, but he understood the reason, or at least I thought he did.

I crossed my arms and shook my head. "You're lying. Todd loved me. I'm the one who ruined us."

Eli studied my face and scoffed. "I can't believe he actually made you believe that. When I heard what he did, I found you, and you were already acting out of it. You immediately started hanging on me and telling me I was the most beautiful guy you'd ever seen. That's when it all became clear. If you were acting like that toward a total stranger, you couldn't be left alone, especially not with your dumbass boyfriend who wanted to take advantage of you."

"Yeah, and then you took advantage of me, didn't you?" I screamed.

Eli stood up to his full height, clenching his jaw. "No fucking way."

I took a step back, trying to figure out if I should go back inside.

"Hey," Eli's voice was suddenly soft, forcing me to look at him. His expression was pleading. "I'm sorry. Just hear me out, okay?"

I wanted to hear his side of what happened that night. From everything I remembered, I was the slut from hell, and every one of my friends ditched me for that very reason.

I sighed, wrapping my arms around myself. "Okay."

"Your friends ran and tattled to your boyfriend about me, and he was pissed, but since he knew why you were acting like that he was patient, for a minute. When you wouldn't let go of me, your boyfriend lost it. He called you every name in the book. And that's when I flipped out. I'm pretty sure I broke his nose, and he deserved it. He left with your friends, and you stayed with me. I took you to my house and took care of you all night. I fell asleep in my bathtub because you were sick most of the time. When I woke up, you were long gone."

I turned away from Eli and let out a heavy breath. Holy hell. Todd was a total prick.

Todd made me believe the entire fight was my fault and that I'd been acting like a complete slut. If Eli's story was true, then none of it was my fault. Todd had drugged me and left me with a complete stranger. I would have to think of a special way to repay my ex for his actions.