She had no right to pull a guilt trip on me earlier. She could've just gone with Nico and left me to my Netflix marathon. I had been perfectly content in my dimension of the upside down.

My fingernails dug into my arms as my eyebrows lowered. "Hanging out with Nico and Eli at a fricking rave doesn't exactly sound like my idea of a good time. Why am I even here?"

"Eli was asking about you... he—"

"Ladies!" A very loud Nico hollered. "I have to say you both look mighty fine tonight."

I twisted to see Nico, the campus dealer, waltzing toward us. His bright blue eyes scanned Jessica's body from head to toe, stopping on her boobs.

I rolled my eyes and brushed my long brown hair over my shoulder.

Jessica squirmed and blushed, letting out a small giggle. "Hey, Nico."

Nico moved his focus to me, taking me in and widening his eyes. "Damn, Lilly. You look..."

"Fucking gorgeous." A very familiar voice finished Nico's sentence.

Nico ran his fingers through his dirty blond hair before glancing behind me.

I ground my teeth together and turned toward the voice.

Eli's eyebrow piercing was impossible to see since his black hat was pulled down so low. As usual, Eli had a perfect shave with a thin line of dark stubble outlining his square jaw.

I knew his chestnut gaze was fixed on me, and I hated the heat that swept over me whenever I felt him watching me.

Oh my God. What was wrong with me? I hated him.

Two hours my ass. This was going to be the longest night of my life.

The fifteen minute ride to the rave was awkward. Eli rode shotgun, and I sat behind him, so I didn't have to see his face.

After I gave Jessica the silent treatment for the first five minutes, she started texting me. When I refused to look at my phone, she nudged me with her knee. I finally gave in and read her texts.

Jess: I'm sorry.

Jess: Why won't you talk to me?

Jess: Nico said you had to come tonight, or I wasn't invited.

Me: Stop texting me.

Jess: I just want to have a good time.

Me: I was having a good time.

Jess: Yeah right.

Me: I really hate you right now.

Jess: I won't leave you alone with him.

Me: You better not or I will unfriend you for life.

Jess: Cross my heart.

Jess: Did you see the way he was looking at you?

Me: Stop.

Jess: I know you hate him, but he's so into you, and he's the hottest guy on campus.

Me: I said stop.

Jess: Every girl wants him...

Me: I don't care. He's an ass.

Jess: Just sayin'.

A rave is one of those illustrious events that seem to pop up at the oddest of times and disappear like a ghost in the night. Some student, probably Nico, blasted a mass text to the entire student body on New Year's Eve, telling them to get their asses back to campus by January second for the biggest rave of the year.