Chapter 7

Let's just say everyone already graduated because I don't feel like writing school stuff

2 weeks passed by and Kevin and I were happy as always. I still have to tell AJ though, and I don't know how or when to tell him. Would he be mad?

I sat in my room, listening to music while laying down on my bed. "ELI!" I screamed louder than I should have. He came running into my room. "What's wrong?!" I pouted. "I'm bored..." I laid down on my bed and huffed. "Let's go somewhere!" Eli laid next to me. "Sure, where do you want to go?" "Hm, I don't know, you want to do anything?" He made a derpy think-face. "I don't know... I'm just feeling lazy today." He smiled. "Yeah me too, but I just need to do something!" I threw my hands in the air. "We need food actually, but I'm just too lazy for that shit." Eli closed his eyes and put both his arms behind his head. "NO, WE NEED FOOD! GET YOUR ASS OFF MY BED AND BUY US FOOD!" I pushed him off my bed. "Yah! I'm the older one here you know!" He pouted. "And that's why you're going to pay for the food." I grinned and helped him up. "Come on, go get ready in 15 minutes." I nudged him and he ruffled my hair before going out.

"Eli, don't you think that man in black is kinda creepy?" We were currently in the supermarket and I pointed at a guy reading a newspaper. He looked at the guy and furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, yeah. I guess." He shrugged and put a box of cereal in the shopping cart. "Did anything ‘fun’ with Kevin?" He wiggled his eyebrows. I playfully punched his shoulder. “Oh shut up!”

We arrived back and arranged all our stuff. "Eli." I said while eating a cookie. "Hm?" He looked at me. "I suddenly thought of AJ. "This is kinda, ugh i don't know. But do you know how I can tell AJ? You know, about Kevin and I." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, I think you have to say it to him personally.  I think that's the best. " "Eli, he's in America, remember? I don’t know when he’ll return.” “Oh yeah, forgot about that. Sorry.” I shrugged it off. “It’s fine.”

After we ate dinner I went to my room and lay down on my bed. Considering if I should tell AJ now, I grabbed my phone and stared at it. What if he totally gets mad and starts yelling? Or he’ll start crying and I’d feel bad. Or would he say that he moved on too? But that would hurt me, even though I already have Kevin. Maybe he has found someone too. But… I just can’t get myself to do this shit… “Ugh!” I ruffled my hair and threw my phone somewhere on my bed. At that moment my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller.

AJ

Oh shit… I waited 2 seconds before I picked up. “H-hey AJ.” “Yejinnie! I’m so so so sorry I haven’t called or texted lately. I’ve just been so busy with studies and tests. I’m so happy I can hear your voice again!” He said excitedly. So he really was busy. “Y-yeah, so how’re you doing?” “What’s wrong? You sound… I don’t know, weird?” He said, more like a question. “No nothing’s wrong.” I gave a sad smile, although he can’t even see it. “Okay! So how have you been?” “I-I’ve been good. Just the normal I guess.” “I can’t wait to see you again! I’m probably coming back in like 1 months, just for 1 week though. It’s just a short break.” “Ah, that’s nice. But AJ I-” “Oh, I’m sorry Yejin, I have to go. I’ll talk to you later! Bye baby!” … and he hung up. Unknowingly tears welled up in my eyes. What do I do… I hugged my pillow and began to sob silently, letting the tears fall one by one. Why am I even crying? I love Kevin… Not AJ. Ugh who am I kidding, I still like AJ.

I woke up with red and puffy eyes. I washed up and put an over-sized sweater with some shorts on. I blow-dried my hair and put some cream on my eyes, making it less puffier. I walked downstairs like a zombie and made some coffee.

“Hey there lil sis.” Eli came down, only wearing pants. “Hi.” I blankly said and drank my coffee silently. He stared at me and frowned. “Yejin, what’s with the red eyes?” I looked down and pouted. “Nothing…” He walked over to me and cupped my face in his hands, forcing me to look up. “Okay, what happened?” “I said it’s nothing.” I glared at him. “I have the right to know! I’m your goddamn brother!” He yelled, breathing heavily of frustration. “AJ! AJ is what happened! Okay?!” I started crying again. “I thought I didn’t like him anymore! But he called and guess what! I still have feelings for him! And on top of that, he’ll visit us. In 1 fricking month! Happy now?!” I yelled in his face. Eli looked confused. He stared at me for a few seconds but hugged me tightly, patting my hair. I began crying harder and lost my strength in my legs, causing us to fall down. Eli still held me and kept repeating “Shh, it’s okay.”

When I finally calmed down, Eli sat me on a chair and made food. “So he’s coming back next month…?” I nodded my head. “Yeah, just for 1 week though. But I’m not ready. I need time. I know I have Kevin and all, but I don’t really know if I can let AJ go. I guess I already did that when I agreed  with being Kevin’s girlfriend, but I’m not sure anymore.” “But you like Kevin don’t you?” I nodded. “I love him to death. I really do. But I guess the fact that I misunderstood AJ really makes me think about if I really want to let go of AJ.” He nodded. “Maybe you can make that decision when he’s here.” He grabbed two plates and put them on the table. “That’s a possibility… But what if I start liking AJ more… Then I will hurt Kevin and it’ll be probably more painful since he’s my best friend since I don’t know when.” Eli furrowed his eyebrows. “You’re one hell of a troublemaker, aren’t you?” He winked. I pouted. “Thanks, that helped. A LOT.” I said sarcastically. He ruffled my hair and smiled. “Just kidding, I’m here for you. Just understand that.” I smiled. “Thanks, Eli.” I hugged him and began eating the food he made.

Eli told me that Donghae would come over tonight, just for a boy’s night ‘out’ in our house. He told me to join, and I will. But I’ll give them some time alone. I logged in on my laptop and looked through social shit. I put on music and looked for new good songs. After like 1 hour I decided to join the guys. I shut my laptop and walked downstairs. “WOAAHH!” I peeked through the door and saw Donghae and Eli dancing on a girl’s song. I laughed and walked inside. “Hey girls!” Eli pouted. “I’m not a girl!” He pointed at me and continued dancing. “YEJINNIE!” Donghae basically tackled me in a hug. “I mi~ssed you!” He smiled sweetly at me. “I missed you too.” His smile grew wider. “Dance with us!” I laughed. “Is this how you have ‘fun’?” They nodded. “Yup!”

“I’m tired!” Donghae plops down on the couch. “Yeah, me too…” I sat down next to him. “I’m going to the bathroom… Don’t! Do anything to her, you pervert.” Eli pointed at Donghae and staggered upstairs. Yes, we drank a little, well, I drank a little. They drank much more. More than they should. So they’re drunk right now, but oh well. It’s not like he’s going to rape me. “Hey, you want to know a secret?” Donghae drew circles in the air with his finger for no reason and looked at me. “Yeah sure.” I nodded. “Come closer.” He nudged me with his finger. I came closer. “No, closer. Like really close so no one can hear it.” I came closer. I felt his warm breath on my ear, making me shiver. “I…” He stopped for a moment. “Like…” He hiccupped.  “Yejin.” Did I hear that right? He laughed but stopped for a moment. “Oh right! Don’t tell anyone. Especially Yejin or Eli. Eli would kill me.” “W-wow, wait. You like me?” He put a finger on my lips. “Shh! I don’t like you. I like Yejin. Kim Yejin.” And with that, he fell asleep, his head on my lap.

Donghae… likes me?