Chapter 13 - Confession *Last Chapter*

Chapter 13

Confession

"What do I do now?" Draco wondered, staring down at Luna with blank eyes.

Luna rubbed his shoulder comfortingly. "If you just explain he's misunderstood everything then it will be ok. Won't it?"

"I don't know, I can't get my head around this. Stay here, I'll go and talk to him," he smiled when she squeezed his hand reassuringly.

Slipping from her side Draco crossed the neatly manicured lawn to the open double doors where he saw his father accepting a cool glass of champagne from a large silver platter held by a house elf.

"Ah, Draco, you have made your decision? Do you want me to make the announcement tonight?"

"Father, I, um, I don't understand what just happened." Draco admitted warily.

Lucius sighed heavily. "What just happened was me helping you out, Draco. You need to be pushed into doing things and it's getting tiring."

"Pushed?" Draco echoed still as confused as ever.

Raising an eyebrow mockingly Lucius said, "do you really think I cannot see what is right in front of me? Do you think I haven't seen the sickening look on your face Draco, when you think no-one is watching?" Lucius refused to admit that it had taken him a while to see it himself.

Draco's cheeks began to heat up. "I... I don't ...I..." he stammered, unsuccessfully attempting to form a sentence that wouldn't make him look stupid, but nothing came to mind.

Suddenly Naricssa Malfoy appeared, her blue eyes glittering with excitement and her cheeks slightly flushed. "Is it true? Are you and Luna engaged, Draco? Why didn't you tell me? Why am I the last to know?"

"What?" Draco blinked madly, his mouth opening and closing with horror. "How do you know? No, I'm not, it's a mistake." He explained, the muscle in his jaw twitching alarmingly.

Narcissa's forehead creased into a frown. "A mistake? How can there be a mistake? You're either engaged or your not."

"Well I'm not." Draco almost snapped. "Father made a mist....um... he made an assumption that was incorrect." He floundered awkwardly. The last thing he wanted was to say his father was wrong; Lucius Malfoy was never wrong.

"No I didn't." Lucius informed his son defensively. "I was trying to help you, in future I won't bother if you're going to get this hysterical over things. Malfoy's are not prone to hysterics, Draco, please try to control yourself."

"Hysterics? I'm not having hysterics." Draco replied, a little put out at this insinuation. "But I do have every right to be upset when you go around telling people I'm engaged when I'm not."

"Lucius?" Narcissa placed her hands on her hips and glared at her husband. "What have you done now? I don't see how this is helping anyone."

Lucius rolled his eyes. "Well of course you don't, neither of you ever see anything unless it's written in ten foot letters and shoved right under your nose. Draco is in love with Luna, Luna doesn't know, Draco isn't telling her and I'm getting annoyed with all the games."

Narcissa huffed, "I knew that, Lucius, it's obvious."

Draco's face burnt even more, "it is?"

"Of course it is. Do you think I'm blind? I can see very clearly how you feel about Luna, why you haven't said anything is beyond me," Narcissa clicked her tongue irritably.

"Now you can do something about it, I've helped you now haven't I?" Lucius said smugly.

Draco's jaw popped open, "and you couldn't have just pulled me aside to lecture me?" He had never felt so helpless in his entire life.