Chapter 11 - Sore Feet

Chapter 11

Sore Feet

Luna had been at Malfoy Manor for over a week; she had four days left to get through plus the Ministry Summer Ball that was taking place tomorrow night. After his initial shocking behaviour Lucius had seemed to calm down and had satisfied himself with little digs here and there. He hadn't thrown anything else horrendous at them preferring instead to drop little hints about activities behind closed doors taking great delight in their obvious embarrassment.

Cissy was different, Luna liked her a lot. She included Luna in anything she decided to do that day seeming to enjoy having female company for a change. Luna had learnt a lot from just watching the way Cissy composed herself, the way she spoke and handled her husband. To Luna's mind Narcissa Malfoy was what she would call a lady. And Cissy for her part was happy to help Luna improve herself.

It was early afternoon when Luna arrived back at the Manor with Cissy after a day of pampering at her favourite spa in Paris. It amazed Luna that Cissy could just wake up in the morning and decided she fancied going to Paris and then just go. That was the sort of person she was, if she felt like doing something then Cissy did it.

Luna wished that sometimes she could be like Cissy, that she could have her freedom. True, Lucius knew exactly where she was at all times of the day and night but he didn't control her. Cissy did what she wanted to do, so long as she informed her husband he didn't seem to mind. Cissy didn't just have freedom in her life but she had the freedom to do absolutely anything, her wealth gave her the freedom.

She bought anything she fancied without looking at the price tag and Luna had been extremely uncomfortable when Cissy had forced her into buying any little thing she looked at out of Draco's money. His mother had informed her that Draco could afford it and he liked to spend money so why shouldn't she spend it for him? There was always more were that came from.

Lucius had been coming from his study when they had arrived back at the house via the floo network and he had eyed their bags suspiciously before becoming rather awkward when a slightly tipsy Narcissa, Luna had discovered that Cissy took any opportunity that she could to drink champagne, had informed him she had been shopping at his favourite lingerie shop and he would get his monies worth.

Luna had hurriedly excused herself and disappeared up the stairs to go to Draco's room. She was loaded down with shopping bags and she felt a little sad that she would be unable to keep the things she had bought; but at least she'd had the opportunity of owning them for a little while even if she didn't get to wear them. Draco couldn't return any clothes she had worn could he? But it would be nice to look at them and know that they were hers for now. She hadn't ever owned anything so beautiful and expensive before.

Draco was lying out on his stomach on his bed reading when she came through the door. He grinned at the sight of her shopping bags. "Productive day?"

Luna rolled her eyes, "I like shopping as much as the next girl but your mothers in a whole other league to me." She informed him crossing the room and dumping her bags on the sofa. "All your receipts are still in the bags so you can return them. My feet hurt." She complained taking her shoes off and rubbing at her feet.

Draco frowned. "Why would I want to return them?"

Luna shifted uneasily. "Well, I sort of bought them with your money." She admitted. "But your mother made me." She added hastily.

He laughed closing his book and swinging himself off the bed. "It doesn't matter. You can keep them."

She frowned at him, "I can't afford them."

Draco sighed inwardly as he crossed the room towards her, she was wearing that stubborn expression that she always wore when he was trying to do something nice for her and she would insist on taking it the wrong way. "I've already bought them now, and my mother would die of shame if she had to return all of those. There's not much else to do about them is there? You'll have to keep them."