Chapter 8 - Race Day

(A/N) Hey guys, this chapter is one of my favs so please read it.

Chapter 8

Race Day

"Cissy!"

Narcissa groaned burrowing herself further under the blankets to try and drown out the sound of her husband's bellowing. Why he felt he had to bellow early in the morning she didn't know and she wished he'd leave her alone when her head was splitting in two. She'd drunk too much last night and she was paying the price for it now.

"Cissy!"

"What's the matter now?" She muttered from beneath the sheets.

The door to the bedroom flew open and slammed into the wall behind it as Lucius stormed through it. "You won't believe what's happened!" He raged at her from his position at the foot of the bed his hands on his hips glaring at his wife.

"What?" Narcissa flicked the sheets from her face knowing she wasn't going to get any sleep now that he was in the room using his irate tone of voice.

Lucius spluttered madly waving his arms around in a circle. "She stayed in his room with him!"

Sighing heavily Narcissa propped herself up against her pillows brushing her hair from her face and rubbing at her tired eyes. "So? You said that they could. Looks like you were wrong after all and she is his girlfriend."

Lucius shook his head, "No." He informed her angrily. "He's trying to get one over, he's gone a lot further than I thought he would." He muttered tapping his cheek with his index finger. "Question is, how do I get him to trip up? How do I get him to back down?"

Narcissa groaned madly, "Oh really Lucius! Just leave it will you? She must be a really good friend to go along with him like this, you could ruin the friendship if you carry on pushing."

The thought suddenly struck Lucius that he hadn't ever heard Draco even mention Luna before. Of all the stories he'd ever told him about his activities at Hogwarts Luna hadn't popped up in one of them. His forehead creased in concentration, what exactly was going on? Where had Luna suddenly come from? She couldn't be friends with Draco there was no evidence to suggest that she was.

There was no evidence to suggest she wasn't his girlfriend either except the feeling he had in the pit of his stomach that something wasn't sitting right. His forehead creased up into a frown, for the first time in his life he was at a total loss to explain his sons actions, he couldn't figure out for the life of him what was going on.

"Cissy? Do you recollect ever having heard of Luna before the other day, in some story that Draco had told you?"

Narcissca stifled the urge to fling herself face down in the pillows and kick and scream with annoyance until she was hoarse. "I don't remember off the top of my head."

Lucius smirked at her, "That's because there's nothing to remember. He's never mentioned her before."

Irritably Narcissa swung herself out of bed and crossed the room to the bathroom where she proceeded to run herself a bath and brush her teeth. "What difference does that make? I mean really Lucius, why go on and on about it? Leave things be, your giving me a headache not to mention earache."

Lucius leant against the door frame watching her as she brushed her long, blonde hair over her shoulder before scooping it up into clips on top of her head. "You're my wife Cissy, your supposed to listen to me."

"I am listening to you Lucius, but your going round in circles and your talking and talking and your not really saying anything." She complained slipping her red, satin nightgown over her shoulders and letting it drop to the floor.