'Best friends'

Trigger warning: Blood, mentions of self harm!

Dan's POV:

As soon as I sent that last message, I put my phone face down and looked at my arm. Which was bleeding; terribly.

Whilst I was texting Phil, I got tempted. And my temptation got the best of me. But then, I cut too deep. And I'm bleeding...

Alot.

"Shit..." I grunted as I pulled down my other sleeve to cover the deep wound.

I really should stop. But I can't. It's addictive.

Really, really addictive.

God, the bleeding should stop! I'm in the middle of nowhere. Shit. I need to go home. Now.

I swallowed hard as I stood up from the cliff, pulling my other sleeve down and grabbing my bag. This was going to take a while...

1 hour later...

After struggling through about 2 small towns, I managed to be able to see my school in the distance. My cuts throbbed. But I still had to go.  Otherwise, the school would call home to Mason to see if I'm alright. I'm already an hour late. But as long as I'm in school before lunch, home isn't called. I quickly rushed into the empty halls of school, stuffing my bag in my locker and grabbing one of my books. English. I walked to class hastily and eventually walked through the door quietly.

"And where have you been, Mr Howell?" The teacher seemed pissed; he probably is.

I rolled my eyes as I headed to the back of the class where my seat was.

"Slept in." I sat down.

Everyone in the class stared at me.

"Do you need me to get the glue off your eyes? You can all stop staring at me now." I growled angrily.

Small murmurs were heard as everyone turned back around to face the front. I caught Phil's eyes. He was frowning over at me, looking at my arm. I frowned back at him and shook my head, telling him not to worry about me right now. He sighed and turned to face the front.

After class had finished, the bell rung.

"Ah. No one leaves till I finish. Right, so, as you may know, February the 14th is Valentines Day, and you lot are here on that day! The staff thought, why don't we let the students have a prom for once?" The teacher smiled.

A couple kids groaned, 90% went either 'Yes!' or cheered quietly. I simply sighed, knowing I would probably be forced to go by Mason.

He just wants me away from him, sometimes, to get fully drunk and probably bring a bitch over. Knowing him.

"Alright! You can all go now!" He, the teacher, grinned.

The class stood up and walked out into the halls. I was trying to avoid Phil, when who tapped my on the back?

"Dan. I'm not mad. You can talk to me you know. I'm just... I'm really proud of you for not... jumping." Phil mumbled when I turned to see him. I smiled gently, and frowned again.

"I'm.. so sorry. I made you worry, didn't I? Don't worry about me, ever. I'm nothing to worry about." I closed my eyes.

"Dan, stop!" Phil looked me square in the eyes. "You're amazing. Stop doubting yourself. I worry about you, because I care about you. A-Alot of people do! You just can't see that."

Me and Phil stood into silence for a moment, staring into eachothers eyes.

"Shit, I give up. I can't wait anymore." Phil said.

"What-" Phil pushed me against the lockers and kissed me.

My eyes widened, before I started to kiss back. Phil smiled into the kiss, making me smile too. We both pulled away.

"You feel that way?" I asked awkwardly.

"D-Do you?" Phil mumbled sadly.

"Yes." I chuckled quietly.

"I do too." Phil hugged me.

"Thank God." I sighed.

3rd person POV:

Phil jumped as the bell rang for class.

The 'best friends' smiled at eachother and started walking to their class. Their schedules were the exact same. As they walked away, one person stood watching. A

very,

very,

VERY

angry Josh...