A friend?

Dan's POV:

I sat against my bedroom door with it locked shut. I held a blade in my hands, which was almost covered with blood.

Why?

Why do I do this to myself?

Because you don't want to live. The little voice in my head spoke.

I frowned. The voice is right. I don't.

I looked from the blade to my bleeding wrist.

"Shit." I stood up. The room was dark; I could barely see in it except from the light afternoon sun glowing slightly.

Walking to my window, I slid it open and jumped out. I landed on the roof below and sighed, sitting down. I looked at my arm.

"Dan!" I heard someone yell.

"Huh?" I shot my head to where the sound came from.

"H-Hi!" Phil stood there with a book in his hand.

"Oh, hi..." I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't see my arm. It would of just been so suspicious if I just pulled down my sleeve!

"Why are you on the roof?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Because I can be." I spoke back.

Phil gasped.

"What...Your arm!" Phil yelled.

"Shut up!" I screamed back.

"D-Did you do that?!" Phil asked.

"I... No!"

"Then what did?!"

"Just... Shut up." I said angrily.

"Dan!" Phil yelled aggressively but sadly.

"It was my cat!" I screamed.

Phil frowned as he climbed onto my bin and onto the roof, sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

I shook my head, looking down.

"Why do you want to get to know me? I'm a mess that you don't need in your life." Sighing heavily, I pulled my knee up to my chest and hugged it.

"You're not a mess."

"If you're my 'friend', why are you lying?" I asked Phil, looking at him.

"Oh, Dan..." He mumbled.

"You're lying! I'm a mess, and I know it."

"No, you're not." Phil frowned.

"Yes, I am!" I yelled. "I-I'm a total mess who no one should have to deal with! People make rumors about me because I don't talk to people. Apparently, I carry weapons and kill people! Fucking hell!" I yelled, turning my body halfway to slam the window shut. I turned back to the front and looked at the floor. "Why don't I just walk away from the world?" I mumbled.

"Come sit with us." I looked at Phil and gave him a questioning look. "Come sit with us at lunch tomorrow." Phil smiled.

"I..No. Your friends are scared of me." I mumbled.

"Doesn't matter. Please, Dan." I couldn't stand the sight of Phil frowning at me and looking me straight in the eye.

"Fine." I muttered, smiling slightly.

"Yay!" Phil pulled me into a hug. I gasped, not hugging back. He didn't let go. The feeling of someone.. loving me. I love it. He likes me... Or he acts like he likes me.

Maybe...

Maybe I have a friend.