Chapter 9 | Meeting the Residents

Start from the beginning

I walked out of the room before I remembered something, some of the residents were out. 'Guess I'm going back to Slenderwoman's room' I said, turning to my right and knocking on her door.
"Come in" she called from the other side.
"Hi, Slenderwoman. I was wondering if you could tell me which residents are out currently. Just so I know what doors I don't need to go to" I explained.
"Well the the ones who aren't here are: Ticci Tami, Laughing Jill, Nurse Ann and Judge Angel. Also, you can call me Slenda. I think you know me well enough at this point" she said, leaning back in her chair as she lowered her book slightly.
"Alright. Thank you Slenderwo- I mean, Slenda" I said before walking out of her room and shutting the door behind me as I left. 'Alright, I can skip four of the doors. That should save me some time' I thought as I walked back out into the hall. I walked down looking to my left and rights repeatedly. Conveniently, the four rooms I had to skip were the four rooms next to the ones I had already visited, two on each side.

Walking past them I looked to my left to see I was back at Jess' room, knowing that that encounter wouldn't turn out well I went for the room on my right. The door was all black, but it had a white sign on it that read 'Jane'. 'She seemed chill when we last met' I thought as I knocked on her door.
"It's open!" She called from the other side. I opened the door and walked in, she was lying on her bed reading a magazine. I turned around to close her door, and by the time I turned back around she was already stood a foot away from me.
"You're fast" I said, unfazed by her abnormal speed.
"And you've changed your outfit since we last met" she stated, eyeing me up and down.
"I've also knocked Jess out two more times" I said, a smile forming under my mask.
"Haha, nice one" Jane said, giggling a little.
"The first of the two being with a frying pan to the face" I stated. She stared at me blankly for a few seconds before bursting out in laughter while clutching her stomach, and eventually wiping a tear from her eye.
"So, why're you here? It's clear that Slenda doesn't mind you, so how about you bring me up to speed?" She asked as she sat back down on her bed.
"Well it all started when..." I began, leaning back against the door. Jane had a similar look to Benny's when she was listening to my story of how things got to this point.
"So you're the guy that saved Sally? Dude, you're amazing" she stated.
"Thanks, I'm glad you're quite a chill person" I said, now leaning against her wall. I blinked and before I knew it she was directly in front of me, her knife almost touching my neck.
"While that's nice of you to say, I'd recommend that you don't let your guard down here. Everyone can more than likely kill you at a moments notice, me included" she said, staring into my eyes. I leaned forward so her knife was pushing lightly against my throat.
"Thanks for the tip. But if you're gonna try and scare me, idle threats are useless" I stated, pinching the tip of the knife and gently running it over my neck. "So you'd best be prepared to act... if you wanna test your chances" I stated, locking eyes while speaking confidently of my abilities. She flinched a little and backed up, giving me a better view of the surrounding room. It was pretty similar to Sally's room, however her desk had a laptop and there was no real colour. Just deep black and pure white. She was still shocked at my action so I turned to leave "Bye" I said coldly as I walked out, shutting the door behind me. 'That was... different' I thought as I walked over to the next door.

The next door was a stained oak I went to had a sign on it that read 'Clockwork', with a little clock drawn underneath. 'The drawing matches the name, I'll give it that' I thought as in knocked on the door.
"Coming!" The person who assumed was Clockwork called from the other side. She opened the door to reveal a pretty average room. Normal colours and furniture for a bedroom.
"Hey there" I said, giving a little wave.
"Hey, come in" she said simply, walking back into her room. I walked in and was about to shut the door behind me, but I didn't due to Clockwork...
'Poking me?' I thought, not doing anything that might make her jump. "You alright there?" I asked, unsure of what she was doing.
"Yep, just... examining I guess" she said, more or less patting me down. She poked my side and prodded my gun, as a defence she pulled out her knife and held it's point to my face. By the time she had done this I had already drawn my gun and had the barrel rested right between her eyes. We were in a standoff. Her grip tightened and so did mine, the textured grips of both of our weapons breaking the sudden silence. She was about to move, but it was then that Slenda teleported in and had her arms crossed.