Crying Softly

My hand let go of the letter I was about to give my crush, Todoroki. My lips trembled as I mumbled faint words. The letter landed onto the floor when I saw half of our class surrounding the two; Todoroki and Momo. Jirou looked at me, her eyes softened. She walked up to me, then hugged me, 

"I'm sorry you're this way, trust me, I feel the same way.." She whispered.

My tears streamed down my freckled cheeks, as I felt my chest get heavier, harder to breathe.

Jirou patted my back, then walking away. I turned away, then trembling, "W-why..."

I felt Todoroki's eyes stab through the back of my head, feeling his sorrow. 

He's faking it. 

No he's not..

Yes he is

NO HE'S NOT

YES HE IS

I'm having a panic attack. Crap.

I grabbed my backpack, then running out, making the envelope with my letter in it fly. I rubbed my eyes, as tears still streamed down slowly. I felt that this world has turned upside down, in a matter of seconds. I felt my heart beat faster. C'mon Izuku, calm down! I gasped for air as I was back in reality. I saw people looking at me. Shinsou gave me a look, to say, get out of here. I bit my lip, knowing I shouldn't be crying for some stupid thing. I stopped at the two gates that were the entrance to UA. I heard a faint voice call my name;

"Midoriya!" It was Todoroki.

What does he want now? Mercy?

I shook my head, ignoring his voice.

"MIDORIYA!" He yelled louder.

I cried more, then pushed the gates open, running down the streets. 

Todoroki was standing near the gates, the rain pouring on him. I didn't look back. I did slip a couple of times on my way home. I jingled my keys as I twisted the door knob to the left, opening the door. Quiet. Quiet.

TIP

TAP

TIP

TAP

All you can hear is the rain droplets hit against the windows, and the water faucet run down with droplets as well. My mom's at work in the hospital. While me, a 18 year old stuck by himself at home. I locked the door, hanging my book bag on the hanger near the door. I took off my wet school uniform as I changed to a comfy set of clothes. I changed into a pair of sweatpants, along with a green sweatshirt. I crashed onto my bed, then hugging my All Might pillow against my chest. Valentine's day is tomorrow. What do I do now? Should I stay in? Should I ignore Todoroki if he comes up to me? Should I plaster a fake smile, thinking everything's fine? All these questioned rushed through my head as I heard nothing but the rain. My tears dried up against my freckled cheeks. I turned to my back, staring at the ceiling. What do I do now? I have chores to do, so why not do them now?

I got up slowly, then looking at the scars on my hands. I stood up then grabbing the vacuum from the closet, then plugging it in. I turned it on, then vacuuming my crummy bedroom. It had crumbs, and some Skittles around. Gee, thanks Todoroki. He left a mess here last night. We were hanging out like usual friends would do. I remember him hating  the red ones. He hated them because of his left side of his body. His fire side. His fathers side. I picked up the Skittle throwing it into the trash can in my room. The marimba ringtone started to buzz in my pants. I took my phone from my pocket, and answered the phone, "Hey Izuku, I was wondering if you want me to bring some mushroom soup to you...." Uraraka's voice said.

"No, it's fine...I'm not a 14 year old anymore...I can cook for myself." I said, stating.

"Right....Iida and I were just wondering if you want to go out to the movies? Or maybe go do ding dong ditch?" She asked, her voice chiming.

"Hah, very funny. No thanks....I rather not get sick in the rain then do that baby stuff.." I chuckled.

"Awe, you're so mature cinna bun!" She squealed.

I cringed as the squealing echoed in my ear.

"Alright, I'll catch ya later....Iida is taking me out!!!" She hung up.

I sighed, nearly getting angry. I nearly threw my phone across my bedroom. I put the vacuum away, then walking to the kitchen barefoot. I saw a post-it note sticking onto the fridge. I took it and read it out loud;

Dear Little Izuku,

I left some chicken nuggets there if you want to eat! Unfortunately I won't be coming home until 11:20 pm...but I will surely give you a kiss good night once I come back. Now do your chores!

- Love Mom 

I sighed again, then crumbling the piece of paper up. I turned on the TV, then hearing the news. I turned up the volume, then my eyes widened like saucers.

"This just in! The third years, Shoto Todoroki and Momo Yayorozou are dating!!! Just in time before Valentine's Day!"