chapter one

This chapter is dedicated to Wattpad Tejiri2002 kate_hy

"I want you to listen carefully, Charlotte," Mama started.

"Yes mama, I'm all ears." Charlotte admitted staring at her mother curiously as she sat with her legs crossed below her on the bare ruined carpet and her slender hands hugged her petite figure.

"I want you to listen to these three rules, because they are very important and can either make your life or mar your life," Mama continued, retying her almost loosed scarf.

*Rule 1; Blue is your lucky colour and I want you to take comfort in anything blue, Whenever you see the colour Blue, relax yourself for you are in safe hands!

*Rule 2; Do not trust anybody wholeheartedly not even yourself, Humans are wicked, cruel and naturally evil but trust me there are more evil creatures that are deadlier and perilous than you can imagine!!

*Rule 3; Beware of anything you see in brown colour, brown seems to be your bad colour that attracts bad luck like honey and bee to you, and remember, a fighter that runs away from a dangerous battle lives to fight another battle!!!

"But Mama, I don't understand what you are saying or why you are saying all of these, why do I need three rules and why should I beware of brown?" young Charlotte questioned with her eyes trembling as hot tears began to stream out due to confusion.

"I know my daughter, that you have a lot of questions to ask, but I want you to know that I'm not the one to answer all of your questions." Mama reiterated slapping her leg where an insect bit her.

"So who will answer all of my questions if not you," Char shreiked with worried look.

"Life, Life, my daughter will answer most of your questions."

"So I want you to pay careful attention to details, be meticulous, life is not a bed of roses, life will teach you in either a harsh way or a gentle way my daughter, since I can't be with you every time." She admitted.

"But remember I will always be there in your heart when you need me."Mama hinted cautiously tasting each words as if they tasted like bitter pills in her tongue.

"Life will teach me in either a harsh way or a gentle way," Charlotte repeated staring confusingly at her mother.

"Yes, my daughter." Be patient and each answers shall come to you at their appropriate time."Mama said picking some strand of Char's hair and began to braid it.

"So why should I take comfort in anything blue?Mama."

"You see dear, when you were born, you had a blue marking in your right little pinky finger." Mama said nodding her head slightly as sun rays reflected on her face highlighting each details on her face, her little freckles had also increased overnight.

"Wow, how is that possible?" Charlotte scrutinized staring at her little pinkie finger and searching for the blue marking.

"After exactly 30minutes to be precise, the blue mark cleared away from your hand."

"So tell me, which little baby have you ever heard that is born with a blue marking in their hand before?"Mama perused.

"I have never heard of one Mama, that is strange indeed." Young Char said unbelievably.

"That is strange indeed, but the strangest thing is that after you were born, the moment I wanted to take my first glance of you."

"When you opened your eyes, they were deep sea blue, and that shows you are an exceptional child."She remarked her eyes gleaming with excitement.