Chapter 24 : I'm Glad You Did

Start from the beginning

Jisoo was then snapped out of her thoughts when Jinyoung called her name. They were on their way to a meeting with a client.

"Can you please stay with me Jisoo?", Jinyoung said, as he drove a little annoyed of her constantly zoning out.

"Right, sorry.", Jisoo breathed, "You were saying?", Jisoo asked, completely there by now.

"I need you to set up a meeting with Mr Hong soon, regarding to that project in Busan, it's been moving too slow.", he said.

"Okay.", Jisoo said quietly, and if Jinyoung was being honest, he actually was worried about Jisoo. She's been looking sad and it seemed like she had been crying a lot. Jinyoung inhaled as he gripped on his steering wheel tightly. And he glanced at Jisoo who was looking down at her fingers.

"You okay?", Jinyoung asked, trying to sound as cold as he can.

"Huh?", Jisoo said, perplexed, "Y-yeah, I am.", Jisoo said, blinking, "Why?", Jisoo asked.

"Why what?", Jinyoung said.

"Why the sudden question?", Jisoo asked.

"No reason.", Jinyoung said nonchalantly, looking away from Jisoo. And Jisoo stopped asking when she realised that sudden question was enough for her.

-

Jisoo was out with Joonki one day during her lunch break, looking around for their wedding, Jisoo dreaded being there.

She always dreamed of going out shopping for her wedding, tasting cakes, trying on dresses but only with the person she loved, never with the jerk standing right in front of her.

"How about this?", Joonki asked as he held up a cream coloured ribbon.

"Anything is fine by me.", Jisoo answered, trying to not sound dead inside. And Joonki scoffed.

"Excuse us.", Joonki said to the worker there as he dragged Jisoo's wrist out of the store.

"What are you doing? Stop it Joonki!!!", Jisoo said, yanking her wrist away.

"What's the matter with you?", Joonki spat.

"Me? What did I do Joonki?", Jisoo said in disbelief.

"Can you stop acting as if you don't care, you made me look like a whole idiot in there like I'm so desperate to get married to you.", Joonki spat, and Jisoo scoffed.

"But you are desperate.", Jisoo shot and Joonki scoffed.

"What did you just say?", Joonki said in disbelief.

"You heard me. You are the most desperate guy I've met, and for the record I really don't give a fuck about this wedding, I don't care what kind of flowers we have, what colour ribbons we'll have. I really don't care Joonki.", Jisoo spat, she couldn't take being with him anymore.

"Bold of you Jisoo. Are you forgetting something?", Joonki scoffed, referring to the secret Jisoo has.

"What? The secret?", Jisoo chuckled humorlessly, "Do what you want. I don't care Joonki, I don't.", Jisoo said roundly, arms folded, "Also, I'm not getting married to you, so heres your stupid ring.", Jisoo said as she took off the ring, shoving it back to him, and she turned around to walk away. Joonki was livid.

"Don't challenge me Jisoo.", he said through gritted teeth, and Jisoo scoffed,

"I just did Joonki.", Jisoo spat, walking away. Jisoo got into her car, and she knew for a fact that her life might just be over in a few hours. But she didn't care anymore, she was already too tired. Whatever happens, happens.